Ultrasone Special Edition 10s. $2750 MSRP

Eric5676

Ultrasone Edition 10 Headphones are $2700! - I4U News

Ultrasone Offers First Open Back Headphone - Gearlog

Ultrasone is announcing the release of its first open back special edition headphone, and the deco styling makes this a really great-looking pair. Called the Edition 10, they offer Zebrano wood ear cup inlays, Ethiopian sheepskin leather ear cup pads, titanium-plated drivers, and Kevlar-coated cables.

The Edition 10 is the result of years of research at Ultrasone. The ear cups, for example, feature an original design inspired by natural forms. They offer a high level of air permeability through the grills and have a high torsion strength and extremely low resonance.

Each pair comes with a hand-crafted Zebrano wood stand and its own wooden box. Only 2010 pair will be produced. If you want one, it'll cost you $2,749. Look for them in high-end audio shops.

[H]ard|OCP - $2,750 Headphones Read the comments thread if you have a little time.

Screenshots | [H]ard|OCP

^^ Large, sexy picture. It's a big enough picture I didn't do IMG code in case it broke H-scrolls.

Google it. It's all over the Internet.

I know the brand has a fairly good reputation but that's about it. That kind of price tag makes me want to run and hide under my bed.

So which of you brave souls are going to take the plunge on these? ;)

Thanks Reks. Much appreciated. And there is no way in hell I will "make a move" on those abortions.

Now let me get back to eating my shit on a shingle...

Wait, I see some discrepancies here. The title says $2,750 MSRP and the post says $2,749 MSRP. Which is it, because this important to me making a buying decision...

^^ Posts like these remind me why I like this place. :)

Luv, I'll spot you that buck myself. Whaddya say? ;)

I wonder why...

shitonashingle2.jpg

This reminds me a tiny bit of what my British friend called a "Cheese Beanie." Looked ALMOST like that, but slightly more appetizing (and admittedly, tasted pretty good). Needed a bit of Marmite was all :D

I used to like some of the Ultrasones, tried several. Realized quickly enough that it just wasn't real, and never looked back. The closest I got to keeping one was an HFI-2200ULE, if I have the model right. That one was the least of all evils. Haven't heard the Edition series, though, and probably won't; I like my shingles shitless.

1286285168jEjNQtwlo0_1_1_l.jpg

There is more than a small amount of "We wanted it to look like the HE90 in every way we could get away with." to this headphone. A good tactic if you are to charge as much as this i guess. However if they follow the pattern of all Ultrasones I've heard, they'll be uncomfortable in some manner, have a huge wobbly bump in the frequency response, and after ten minutes make you think "well these are nice enough, but for this money I could have $something^better."