Head-Case last.fm group

deepak

In case you don't know, I watch what others listen to quite a bit, and found that I usually end up liking what you two listen to quite a bit, as well. I'm just not as vocal about it...I think I might have used to be, but not so much any more. I ended up getting the Stolen Babies because of its frequency on the NP list, and I have that DSO on my wishlist.

It's just that I don't use Last.FM -- practically the only thing I listen to on the computer is Pandora and YouTube.

Well, you're definitely one I take note of as well. It started when I began with the 1st Darkest Desires thread "over there" and worked through the first 4. You seemed to have posts in the threads I was interested in over there, and continued here. I really value the opportunity to see what people are listening to whose tastes I know I share. That's why I love the "What Are You Listening To?" thread and where Last.fm has been nice as well. I'm lucky (or not so lucky) that I work @ a computer, so it's very conenient to log it all through Foobar with Last.fm. And then being able to log all of my listening with the iPod has been the icing on the cake.

Me and Ian are SUPER COMPATIBLE!! WHOOP!

WHOOP indeed!!!

First of all: sorry about the previous post -- wrong thread.In case you don't know, I watch what others listen to quite a bit, and found that I usually end up liking what you two listen to quite a bit, as well. I'm just not as vocal about it...I think I might have used to be, but not so much any more. I ended up getting the Stolen Babies because of its frequency on the NP list, and I have that DSO on my wishlist.

I have indeed noticed that you, Ian, and I are definitely in agreement with the majority of music that we listen to. I've gotten tons of music based on what you two have been listening to and it's always hit the musical spot for me. I just can't say that I'd have all this good music to listen to without this thread. Stolen Babies is fabulous, I just got it, and DSO is a must listen. I was seriously addicted to that album for a good month after I finally got it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It actually works, but thing is, the sampling rate gets confused. If I just use analog out from my sound card it is fine, but if it is upsampled then analog out or just plain digital out to my dac, when last fm launches with foobar, music plays but sticks at 1 second, and no error message comes up.. just stays at one second and locks up.. Its been like this since the last version of foobar and after two last.fm updates, so its probably more my setup's fault than either foobar or last.fm :P

The next time it happens can you copy and paste what it says in the console?

It sounds like it's an issue with the upsampler rather than the last.fm plugin. Or the two are conflicting somehow.

Is it the last.fm plugin for foobar?

untitledkb2.png

Or is it the player addon? Because nothing should popup when foobar starts up with the basic last.fm plugin. In fact you'd be none the wiser if it wasn't submitting tracks unless you looked at the console.

lol wait its the actual program not a tiny plugin lol. Well lastfm just updated right this minute (lol right on time) and it kind of works now. All I have to do if I turn on and off upsampling or change output to digital is restart last.fm and it works from then on. yay.

lol wait its the actual program not a tiny plugin lol. Well lastfm just updated right this minute (lol right on time) and it kind of works now. All I have to do if I turn on and off upsampling or change output to digital is restart last.fm and it works from then on. yay.

Definitely use the plugin. The program is bloated, slow, buggy from what I've read.

You can get the plugin from their website under downloads, foobar2000 plugin. Just run the .exe which basically places the .dll file in the components directory, then go to preferences and enter your last.fm username and password.

• 4 months later...