Official Hockey Thread - 2010/2011 Edition

grawk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^ Good on NYI, such an underdog team, I almost always root for them if the Bruins aren't playing them.

It's funny to see the reactions to great players like Crosby and Stamkos. Maybe it's the media hype, maybe it's the reputation for whining. But outside of Pitt, it seems many a folk don't like Sidney, and tons of folks like - or at least strongly respect - Stamkos. Ovechkin is another one, but I think he has a lot more detractors outside of Washington.

• 4 weeks later...

And in another Slapshot-influenced game, the Bruins and Habs played some good old tyme hockey last night!

Habs have had the Bruins' number all year, so this was a winner; two of the best defensive teams had an 8-6 score.

Over 120 minutes of penalties. Some ugly stuff by both teams, as well as the usual ref stupidity all around. But it was just SO 70's it was a joy to watch!

Islanders get revenge on penguins 9to 3 best of all 14 fighting majors,21 game misconducts 346 penalty minutes,at he end of the game only 2 pequins

,5 islanders left on the bench.Hockey old school.Great to watch.

Holy cow! I watched some highlights on TSN.CA.....good for the Isalnders!! Was Matt Cooke manhandled in any of them? Please say yes.....

Reminds me of the Jim Carr character from Slapshot: "Everyone's on their feet yelling, 'KILL! KILL! KILL!' THIS....IS.....HOCKEEEEYYYYYYY"

Love these rivalries

:lol:

Holy cow! I watched some highlights on TSN.CA.....good for the Isalnders!! Was Matt Cooke manhandled in any of them? Please say yes.....

Reminds me of the Jim Carr character from Slapshot: "Everyone's on their feet yelling, 'KILL! KILL! KILL!' THIS....IS.....HOCKEEEEYYYYYYY"

Love these rivalries

:lol:

Matt Cook was watching from the visitors box ,serving a couple of game suspension for a hit on someone else.

The Islanders where sending a message,don't fuck with them.They showed they stick up for each other.Good for them.

slapshot-hanson-bros.jpg

I enjoyed the Price vs Thomas "fight" the other night, it was fun to see a bit of old-time rivalry with the Bruins. Now if the Nordiques could get back here...

Yeah, Carey got the better of Tim once Tim grabbed the wrong sleeve :P ! After Tim slipped/Carey took him down, they got up, and you could see them smiling. I actually liked that, kind of a respect thing, for each other and for the fact that neither of them are fighters.

Its been fun to watch the Islanders the last 4 games,they are on a tear 24 goals ,4 wins.3 of them comeback wins

Grabbner 16 goals in 15 games,25 goals this season leading rookies in the nhl ,picked up on waivers from florida.

Last nights shootout win against the Senns,players on the bench had on ralley caps (helmets on backwards) during the shootout.You can check it out on NHL.com

This is a young talented team having fun.

They are to far down to make the playoffs,but they are headed in the right direction,seems as tough they have found their Mojo.

Edited by bozebuttons