grawk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry Dan, but I can't agree with you on this one. Every player in the NHL knows it's a dangerous area to hit a player, plus Pacioretty didn't have the puck and Chara hit him late. And both players had some history together.

That play sucked for MP.....hope he recovers quickly enough. He's a good player....

Even as a Bruins fan, I think they should have metered out a smaller suspension for Chara (2-3 games? Who knows). Yes, Chara is not "that" type of player, and it was a late hit that may not even get called in another situation. But even when a good player makes a bad judgement, there should be some message sent.

And that said, for the true "intent" penalties, the suspension should be a LOT stiffer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyed the Bruins-Canadiens game last night, even though it was so one-sided; Bruins finally won a good game of hockey against them.

The Habs have had the Bruins' number pretty much all year. And with the build-up of the Pacioretty hit, and the closeness of the race for home ice advantage in the first round, it shaped up to be a truly big game.

I was ecstatic about the way the Bruins played, but disappointed that the Habs didn't do better; they ARE very much a better team than what they showed.

Despite the confidence that this gave the Bruins, I still fear them facing Montreal in the first round if it works to be that way.

And it sounds like Pacioretty may be back for the playoffs, wishing him all the best.....