Official Hockey Thread - 2010/2011 Edition

grawk

I didn't get to watch the game, but I saw the replays today and the Bruins were on fire. I was expecting the Habs to step up after the Pacioretty incident, but I guess it was one of those one-sided high score games that happen once or twice a season. It just sucks that it was against the Bruins. :P

Here's hoping to another classic first round Boston-Montreal match-up.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't get to watch the game, but I saw the replays today and the Bruins were on fire. I was expecting the Habs to step up after the Pacioretty incident, but I guess it was one of those one-sided high score games that happen once or twice a season. It just sucks that it was against the Bruins. :P

Here's hoping to another classic first round Boston-Montreal match-up.

I was thinking about this, and I think what happened to the Habs happened to the Bruins the first time they played Pittsburgh after the Cooke hit on Savard. Bettman was there, spoke to the teams (owners? GM's?), and the feeling was it was going to be so tight to play. As a result, the Bruins came out with a thoroughly lackluster performance. Cooke took a very short and light beating from Shawn Thornton, and the Pens walked away with the game easily.

Montreal is certainly MUCH better than they played that night.....and as I said, I still fear them if the Bruins play them in the PO's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a game tonight between Tampa and Boston. I've been rooting for the Bolts ever since Montreal got eliminated, but tonight the Bruins deserved their victory after Seguin stellar performance. Looking forward to game 3, looks like we're in for a long conference final.

Good stuff, maybe Bettman will finally come to his senses and realize that hockey is mostly a northern sport. Sad day for Trashers fans, but a great for hockey in Canada. I'm patiently waiting for the Coyotes to move to Quebec now.

Anyway, the Nordiques won't be back until 2013 at least because Bettman made it clear there wouldn't be a team in Quebec without a new arena. I could see them playing a season in the Colisee while they're building the new arena, but not more than that.

Now the question is: Winnipeg in the SouthEast, really?

They could put Nashville in Southeast and Winnipeg in Central.

• 2 weeks later...

It's official, the NHL is returning to Winnipeg. Tom's Thrashers are packing up, and moving to Manitoba. Now, whether they'll retain the fighting chickens name, or become moose or airplanes or something different is still up in the air.

The next question is, was Tom included in the deal?

• 4 weeks later...

So, from UFA Day:

Philadelphia has lost their freaking minds, Jagr and Talbot, really? And slightly predating UFA day, HOW MUCH for a goalie that collapsed in the playoffs?

Caps got Ward, Hamrlik and Halpern, hopefully they'll trade away Semin

Florida bought an entire team, they could be dangerous this year...

Brad Richards with the 400 year 6.5 mil per deal in NYC

Stamkos still isn't signed in Tampa

So, from UFA Day:

Philadelphia has lost their freaking minds, Jagr and Talbot, really? And slightly predating UFA day, HOW MUCH for a goalie that collapsed in the playoffs?

And they traded away Richards and Carter for that goalie. It's like they're trying to make their team suck so they can pickup a good draft pick next year.