New DAC in Town

tyrion

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer. You can't have everything at this price point, but it looks like USB is limited to 16/48. Don't understand why companies release 24/192 DACs, then implement a system that limits the most likely input to supply over 24/96.

im going to be pissed if people say "No 24/192 support??" when I release the 24/96 async USB DAC

Bummer. You can't have everything at this price point, but it looks like USB is limited to 16/48. Don't understand why companies release 24/192 DACs, then implement a system that limits the most likely input to supply over 24/96.

I wouldn't personally get a DAC without async USB at this point, regardless of the USB data rate supported. ;)

I ordered two by accident. :palm:

Not to worry. It doesn't look like they'll be shipping out any anytime soon.

Looking back through online chatter, the dates have slipped time and time again.

You have to wonder at this price goal if it's really do-able. And if it is, if the quality

will be all they say it is. A good $300 DAC with these features would sell like

hotcakes. IF it ever comes out, I'll wait for the FOTM to fade and some

real reviews to come to surface.

It's 2010. Where's all the jetpacks they promised us back in the 60's?

If this does come out at the $300 mark and performs at all well, it would kill of the

DACMAgic. Unless their marketing department is asleep at the wheel, I bet there's either

a new offering and/or a price drop on the current model. The DACMagic has been out

a couple of years now. Given how the HD-800 caused a rash of new headphone offerings,

the DAC market may go the same way. Win/Win. Better cheaper DACS.

• 2 weeks later...