Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

I wonder if the pics in the news release are of the finished product or not. Not sure why Stax abandoned the fixed O2 arc assembly(fit issues aside) and went with what looks like the same arc assembly on the current Lambda headphones.(plastic?)

It's so good they skipped SR-008? :P

I'm hoping the SR-008 is reserved for a Stax Sigma style headphone in an O2 type chassis....one could only hope for a marvel such as that. :wub:

A distributer is saying it'll be about $4200 USD in Thailand and 4900 EUR in Europe. There's a huge price difference there so not sure how true it is or if it's just the usual Stax being more expensive in Europe stuff. Can only hope it's closer towards the former figure. Of course it's just a rumor still.

A distributor is saying it'll be about $4200 USD in Thailand and 4900 EUR in Europe. There's a huge price difference there so not sure how true it is or if it's just the usual Stax being more expensive in Europe stuff. Can only hope it's closer towards the former figure. Of course it's just a rumor still.

That looks like a pretty normal mark-up for Europe, alas.

It's hard to really understand the pricing without knowing the Yen price.

LONG LIVE ENGRISH!!! :D Prices do appear to be all over the map but it's hard to pin it down without the price in Yen. Looks to be around 400K Yen once you factor in what the Mk2's cost in the EU.

It's so good they skipped SR-008? :P

That would be the SR-007 Mk2. The SR-007 was the 7th TOTL round model Stax made, the SR-Omega the 6th etc. That's at least my understanding of how the system works...

Yamaha Custom Tenor Saxophone YTS-875.

Made in Japan.

5.5 Lbs of French brass. Aproximatelly 600 pieces. Highly skilled workers. 3 months from raw materials to finished product.

Y 366,900 (Kakaku - Yamaha YTS-875).

USD4272 (Music123 - Yamaha YTS-875)

Very, very interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEoasEzyB4.

I know that we cannot compare oranges and apples, but just for a reference value. At least the lacquer is made with an electrostatic process... biggrin.gif

Birgir or somebody can correct me if wrong, but I think Stax sticks to their original MSRPs for years. :( Unless you meant wait for the Yen to drop or something else.

I meant both. Though I'm not sure whether they always stick to their original MSRPs or not, but exchange rate will improve eventually. Still, I'm just glad that Stax continues to push the envelope. I just hope that several SR009 will be at CanJam this year so we can have impressions soon.

Edited by purk