Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

I'm really busy and I've been out of this thread -and most of the site- for a few days. It will have to be like this for the next 10 days :( Congrats for the great deal to all purchasers. I should have been in. Oh well, I'll have to live with a vicarious experience. I wish you get those 009 soon.

well I kinda thought about getting a couple more just in case someone missed the first batch like you. But then 009 is not limited edition, the supply may be ample.

well I kinda thought about getting a couple more just in case someone missed the first batch like you. But then 009 is not limited edition, the supply may be ample.

Sure, just a couple of things of not getting in this time. It had been great sharing the new toy joy with all the friends, and it's possible I have a tough time to get such a good price (even considering the outrageous customs policies around) again. Who knows, maybe I'm glad I didn't, it's possible they're not as good as we're expecting, or eventually not worth that kind of money :P:lol: (Not even in a nightmare, I'm sure they're gorgeous)

And I'll have to make do with my lowly BHSE B)

On a side note, it's pretty funny how some folks on the other side of the fence think that the SR-009 won't need anything more than a stock 727 since you don't have to turn the volume knob as high as with the O2... Somehow headphone amplification has become all about how loud you can play something.

If you want to have a chuckle, read this description of RSA's new amp:

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/

I particularly like this quote " You can literary make your HE-6s sound like a speaker from a distant of 12 feet or more" :o

We're only two people to have made public comments (me and sasaki) and I'd like if you didn't write nonsense like the above and read again what I wrote instead. Also, there's one difference between you and me. I have listened to the SR009 with 727, you haven't. So, unless your sayings are god's truth, please refrain from making a judgement call on this.

I maintain my stance that the 009 appear significantly easier to drive than previous generation as I did not hear any typical issue like uncontrolled bass. It has nothing to do with gain, I never listen to more than 12 oclock with my o2 anyhow.

Stax is confirming this in their latest interview, go educate yourself if you can.

arnaud.

Probably not as crazy as this setup though ;)

810_Ultimate_layout_810.jpg

"The system, containing 4 separate dipole Subwoofers, (seen in the middle), made from a total of 40pcs of 15" woofers, followed by 1 dipole panel per channel, each containing 24pcs of 8" units, in turn followed by 2 full MF ribbon dipoles per channel plus one HF panel per channel, containing a total of 68 meters of true ribbons, has a sensitivity of +100dB/1W/1meter and can continUously handle 15500W with +3dB headroom. A total of 31000 Watts, equaling 146dB SPL. The system comes complete with its own power amplifiers to match."

I'm thinking that wouldn't work nearfield. Or even midfield. Or even normal field. I'm thinking, "outfield".

Arrogant pricks are not welcome, unless they are already established members. I really wanted to call him an arrogant cunt but I do not want to infringe on any copyrights.

Same to you then, have a nice day, in Detroit!

FYFY. At least try to be interesting in your retorts.

86_Smiley_Face_shot.jpg

Edited by morphsci

Arrogant pricks are not welcome, unless they are already established members. I really wanted to call him an arrogant cunt but I do not want to infringe on any copyrights.

FYFY. At least try to be interesting in your retorts.

86_Smiley_Face_shot.jpg

Well, either you're doing too much coke or you should get laid, maybe both!

x2

I fail to see how what arnaud said was any more arrogant than what monsieurguzel said dismissing his posted opinions.

Thanks for that. In my view, monsieurguzel's post was more like pissing on other people's post or work for the sake of it. Unless that's what headcase stands for, I thought appropriate to bring my thoughts. Obviously, some enjoy the priviledge of being vulgar and irritant, it's so much easier behind a keyboard than in real life isn't it. Oh well, not worth wasting bandwidth...

Thanks for that. In my view, monsieurguzel's post was more like pissing on other people's post or work for the sake of it. Unless that's what headcase stands for, I thought appropriate to bring my thoughts. Obviously, some enjoy the priviledge of being vulgar and irritant, it's so much easier behind a keyboard than in real life isn't it. Oh well, not worth wasting bandwidth...

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not condoning your response I was just stating my opinion that both were pretty arrogant.

This place is called head-case, not play-nice so grow some skin instead of responding to perceived attacks like that in the manner you did. Around here you just have to let things go or you end up leaving as nearly everyone will say something not nice to everyone else at one time or the other.

Edited by Dreadhead

This place is called head-case, not play-nice so grow some skin instead of responding to perceived attacks like that in the manner you did. Around here you just have to let things go or you end up leaving as nearly everyone will say something not nice to everyone else at one time or the other.

This is probably the best and worst attribute of this site: any nonsense BS get shot down pretty quickly which is pretty good to prevent typical snake oil and sheep mentality. On the other hand, it's also very much of a loose canon's paradise and some seem to get a sense of self importance in regards to how many posts they've made here and how rude they can be.

Too bad as this site remains a good source of information at times!

Well, either you're doing too much coke or you should get laid, maybe both!

fail3.jpg

x2

I fail to see how what arnaud said was any more arrogant than what monsieurguzel said dismissing his posted opinions.

Read my original response. I stand by my original post. monsieurguzel has earned a little tolerance IMO as he gets HC, old arnaud, not so much. If you are going to be an arrogant, dismissive prick, at least do it with either humor or style. If you take yourself and your opinions that seriously, as in Arnaud's original post, YOU FAIL. Since no one else seems to think so, I will carry on.

Read my original response. I stand by my original post. monsieurguzel has earned a little tolerance IMO as he gets HC, old arnaud, not so much. If you are going to be an arrogant, dismissive prick, at least do it with either humor or style. If you take yourself and your opinions that seriously, as in Arnaud's original post, YOU FAIL. Since no one else seems to think so, I will carry on.

Come on, get a life already! What's this policing?? It feels like head-fi in reversed! So to post here, we all gotta have this 12 year old mentality of yours?? I won't indulge in being vulgar for the sake of it, that's not how I get off sorry.

Enough said, we shall move on...

Come on, get a life already! What's this policing?? It feels like head-fi in reversed! So to post here, we all gotta have this 12 year old mentality of yours?? I won't indulge in being vulgar for the sake of it, that's not how I get off sorry.

Enough said, we shall move on...

Thanks for the complement. A 12 year-old mentality is much preferred by me as opposed to the typical "look at me I'm the fucking expert on the SR-009 and if you disagree with my review(?) your mean" attitude you displayed in your a whiney little bitch post.

Hey buddy, I stand by my words. Just because you happened to listen to the headphones a couple times in a crowded area and with a source that you are unfamiliar with, it doesn't automatically make you the end all be all authority of the Stax SR-009. I've been to enough meets and tried enough headpones to know that people's 5 minutes impression on headphones doesn't really mean anything at all. So when you go around preaching that you think people don't need anything more than a 727 since you don't have to turn the volume knob as high and don't have 'flabby bass' like on the SR-007, it kind of irks me. And then you have to nerve to call me disrespectful for arguing against you that your logic is BS.

Oh and PS, I guess the people on this site building their own T2s in anticipation of the 009s are wasting their time then?

Edited by monsieurguzel

Jim, sorry I was not online yesterday or else I would have been able tell you that you have a fully paid-up perpetual license to use CUNT© in its many and applicable phrasings, such as "sanctimonious cunt," "self-important cunt," or your proposed usage of "arrogant cunt."

And Arnaud, if we are too low-brow, vulgar and juvenile for you, then just don't bother coming here. If you took issue with monsieurguzel's comment, then you could have called him out by saying that he was wrong to assume that you equate gain or high volume with quality. You could have tried to explain yourself like you did, but without the fucking whining. You could even be obnoxious about it but there are different ways of being obnoxious and a pompous yet wounded attitude is not one that works here as Jim was telling you in HC speak.