Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

thanks al :)

holy hell...spirit airlines flying from fort lauderdale to tampa and back for $95.40 (taxes included). much cheaper than gas + toll would probably be. saves a shitload of travel time too. never flown spirit so dont know if the service sucks but for the price and a hour in flying time, i dont really care. have to pay for baggage but even after that, it still is cheaper than all other flights ive seen.

in case anyone else wants to look up the deal as well, it isnt on expedia, but comes up on travelocity. not sure about other sites.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fack. just booked the flight. also realized that i have to pay baggage fees for BOTH legs of the flight. meh ended up paying $145 overall. whatever. i guess the 2 hour travel time savings are justified. spirit sucks in terms of scheduling issues or just service during the flight etc?

last time i drove with vicki, i remember us going through a lot of tolls - perhaps it was the route we took (via orlando...yes, i know it was stupid but that is what google told me to do).

landing at tampa at 7:20pm on Thursday night (anyone going to be there then?)

leaving tampa at 10:40am on Sunday morning.

I can bring any headphone or light piece of equipment with me (including an HD800). Don't know if there is anything that I have that won't already be represented from Team Florida though. I'll list my stuff closer to the meet (since you never know when it might change. :) )

Actually, Shelly, we don't have much gear at all anymore. Unless Alex is bringing a lot of stuff, Gene has a few toys, and I have a couple. That's about it.

Yup, Vicki has it right, Alex. It will be some flophouse near the airport, but it will be next week before I get back home to finalize. Glad to see all the out of town interest, as it adds to bargaining power for room rates. Reason for airport locale rather than Ybor City or Bayshore is to have shuttle service for fly ins, and to be near CCB. We will also be in walking distance of restaurants, the International mall (Apple Store there), and we can car pool or limo to Ybor or other further points of interest.

Gear is welcome, but optional. I'll bring some stuff that may be interesting. Vicki's BHSE is to die for, and who know what Mike might have?

I will have either the Brinkmann Integrated or a Cary 300b integrated but no headphones. I might have an Emotiva DAC and hopefully my loaner Amarra 4.

Ken, sorry you can't make it. Gail has given me the green light. I hope to leave here by 1 pm which should get me there by 6 pm unless I can find something to schedule up there in the morning.

Shoot, I just brought back a bunch of headphones from Tampa to Cayman. All things I collected this summer and fall: PS-1000, T1, LCD-2, DX-1000, W-1000X (which are actually pretty decent IMO), and the very red looking Phiaton thingies that I won at CanJam. Too late now, as they've all made it past the Customs revenue sniffers.

Ok I'm sorta confused about the "gear optional" thing. Will this "meet" be an actual meet w/ gear or more of a party, in a hotel, with friends, and food & booze? I'd hope it's the latter of course. Not really sure I can make it but I'm looking for ways to make it possible because this is shaping up to be something that looks like I shouldn't miss. ;)