Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

The drive from Orlando to Tampa is easy as long as you don't hit traffic, which in Orlando can suck. Either way you will be there in under 2 hours and likely under 1.5 hours.

MCO is located in a pretty decent spot to avoid the typical Orlando traffic. There's a toll road that goes straight from the airport to I-4 around the Disney area, and then you're headed away from the mess.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just advised that Saturday night, December 11, 2010 is the Blue Key Banquet at U of F. Assuming my daughter is offered membership, which we believe is likely, I will be going to the banquet Saturday night. I'm hoping I can work this out so I can drive over, meet up with my family, attend the banquet and head back to Tampa after it's over.

Al, Peter YGPM

Virgin discount fares need to be booked by end of today.

Cars - via Hotwire, are cheap in Florida (e.g. Mid size (seats 4) 4 days = $116.87 inc taxes, minivan (seats 7) 4 days = $187.69 inc taxes)

Justin - I like the idea of a beachfront hotel ..

Accommodation: Plugged in Dates, airport shuttle, Parking , Pool, Wi-fi to kayak / trip Advisor

Priceline came up with Sailport Waterfront Suites 2506 Rocky Point Drive Tampa, FL 33607

The Tampa International Airport is 4 miles from this Florida hotel that features an outdoor heated pool and a volleyball court. Guest suites include fully equipped kitchens and free Wi-Fi.The Sailport Waterfront Suites offers barbecue facilities and fishing on the pier. Coffee and Danishes are available each morning in the lobby.Every room at the Waterfront Suites Sailport includes a private balcony and a seating area. A microwave, a refrigerator and a stove are available in each kitchen. Cable TV with HBO is also provided in the suites

Mostly for the suites - to get the per-head / per night cost down

e.g.

$80.77 per night 600 Sq Ft Bay View Suite Sleeps 4-Qn Bd Lv Rm- Sofa Sleeper-Full Kitchen-Pvt Balcony

$91.03 per night 600 Sq Ft Bay View Suite Sleeps 6-Qn Bd-2 Bnk Bds-Lv Rm-Sofa Sleeper-Full Kitchen-Pvt Balcony

$110.26per night 850 Sq Ft 2 Bedroom Bay View Suite Sleeps 6 Lv Rm-Sofa Sleeper-Full Kitchen-Pvt Balcony

This is just an example - I defer to the locals with more knowledge, experience, and the ability to make this happen.

Grahame, Al - Our peeps in Orlando allow two hours downtown to downtown to go to Tampa, so 1.5 hours airport to airport sounds reasonable.

Wayne - if you do rocket over to this side, please be sure to call.

I can ask Bonnie of she knows somewhere we could get a short-run t-shirt for cheaps. Anybody have a design in mind?

Side trip to that kick-ass record store Matt took us to last time, maybe?