Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, Peter and I will be renting a vehicle of some description to get from MCO->Tampa and back. (I couldn't tell if Gene was being helpful, sarcastic, or just hadn't got round to reading all the previous posts :) )

Thanks to Hotwire the prices are pretty reasonable. Given a 4 seater car as a base, the delta for 5 seater car is ~$35 and a 7 seater minivan is ~$70

I was going to offer my services as a designated driver, and I think we have Vicki and CJ to add to the pool. I don't have a clear idea of how many locals will be sober :)

I leave it up to the Meet Meister's for recommendations, but I think more seats gives us more flexibility - especially for the arrive early / leave late team.

Grahame ... the bigger the capacity of your vehicle, the better (and, yes, I was inattentive to all your car talk posts - my bad). If you get a high cap vehicle, I'm sure many will be happy to chip in to defray the cost. I will have car that can comfortably accommodate 5, but I suspect there will be times when I shouldn't be at the wheel - Vicki to the rescue.

We are lucky in that there are many places of interest within walking distance of the hotel, so long distance driving should be the exception. I suspect there may be a Banana's Records excursion, perhaps a foray to Ybor City, but beyond those, most should find plenty to do nearby.

The deal is sealed with the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport

There will be a web page for us to reserve rooms in a couple days. Will pass on link when available. In the meantime, phone reservations can be made.

- Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport 813 877-7988

- Group name is Head Case

- 2 bedroom suite is $129

- 1 bedroom or studio suites are $94

- rates honored Thurs 12/9 through Sun 12/12, but extensions should be no problem.

They have blocked 20 rooms for us, and more are available on as needed basis. I have reserved 4 two bedroom suites on the same floor already, and these will serve as meet rooms during the day. Get whatever style accommodations that suit you best - all are nice. Note that all bedrooms have just one bed (king or queen), so 2nd person in room would have convertible couch.

PM or post any questions.

Grahame ... the bigger the capacity of your vehicle, the better (and, yes, I was inattentive to all your car talk posts - my bad). If you get a high cap vehicle, I'm sure many will be happy to chip in to defray the cost.

The van it should be, then! Rubbish to drive, but then again, I'm sure Orlando to Tampa isn't exactly the PCH. ;)