The Walking Dead on AMC

VPI

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a few evenings reading all 78 issues of the comic and was really impressed. The author really doesn't pull any punches.

He also gave an interview about the show and stated that it will have enough surprises for fans of the comic to keep them guessing, which made me feel a lot better.

I'm already seeing quite a lot of differences in the show and like Alan Ball's version of the Sookie Stackhouse novels in True Blood, it seems to be a director's reimaging of someone elses world, albeit with the author's help, rather than a slavish (and lackluster) copy (like the Harry Potter books for instance).

How is higher order zombie cortical function maintained if their heart isn't pumping blood to their brain, are their brains exploiting some other form of metabolic activity other than through the use of oxygen? The brain is still clearly their weak spot, so it is controlling some autonomic life functions

Could one head control a zombie through their eye sockets or would a zombie simply laugh at such a human like tactic? Can a zombie laugh, if so what comedy program do they enjoy

Edited by deepak

How is higher order zombie cortical function maintained if their heart isn't pumping blood to their brain, are their brains exploiting some other form of metabolic activity other than through the use of oxygen? The brain is still clearly their weak spot, so it is controlling some autonomic life functions

Could one head control a zombie through their eye sockets or would a zombie simply laugh at such a human like tactic? Can a zombie laugh, if so what comedy program do they enjoy

Oxygen and nutrient producing parasites infesting the brain?

I know that people turn into zombies after death.

What I wonder is, do the bodies keep decomposing after the zombification, or is it a fixed state at that point? I imagine the bodies keep decomposing... which would explain why some zombies look more gruesome than others (foregoing the method in which they became zombies). However, if this is the case, this implies that the zombified bodies can decompose to the point of a second death...

The zombie host bodies have merged with the bacteria that digest other bacteria and organic tissues and expel oxygen into the blood. Hence the preservative effect in the more internal extremity, the outside decomposes faster. The bacteria infests the rear sections of the brain by the spinal cord that trigger muscle memory and receptors. Eventually, yes, the zombies should die a slow frustrating second death.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...