Asr

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Done shopping for my assignee. John is a high roller, kept creeping up the budget! I know, right?

I had to respond though. So, booze and music, typical Head-Case style.

I kind of had to open the package :) and it looks just great!

Glenn Gould A Consort of Musicke Bye Byrde and Gibbons Import

I wanted more Gould and more Byrde, just didn't know what to get!

Telemann Twelve Violin Fantasias for Unaccompanied Violin Princiotti

Ditto for Telemann.

Rodrigo y Gabriela 11:11

Always wanted some of this, also, perfect!

Can't wait to listen - exactly what I was hoping for, thanks Marc!

And apparently more on the way...

Still waiting on yours :( Hopefully next week.

Opened a delivery this afternoon to find my exchange goodies. Previously I've stuck such parcels under the tree and waited for the 25th, but as our tree isnt up yet, I figured I'd just tear it open :)

Al and I decided to buck the CD swap trend, and pretend that we are politically and militarily highbrow philosophical chaps with a historical inclination. Each of us picking something something of interest for the other.

I've recieved 4 books pertaining to The Great War:

Pc130144_1024.jpg

I look forward hugely to reading through them, and I hope that Al enjoys his parcel as much as I shall mine.

Thanks indeed dear boy! :D

I'm so pleased you got yours and that I can admit I opened mine as well! I received the first book last week and opened it not knowing that it was from you. That was this one:

510ZmZ31NnL._SS500_.jpg

Today, I received two more and figured I might as well open them too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4088[/ATTACH]

These are all awesome! I was WWII obsessed for many years when I was younger, and have maintained that fixation to today. As a pre-teen and teen, I built models, studied equipment and battles, and played WWII board games. My favorite game was Avalon Hill's Afrika Korps and Rommel was a particular fascination. I will read both the Rommel and the Viscount Slim (great name!) books with great interest. Now that I am drink-obsessed, the History of the World in Six Glasses will be a fun read and I have actually thought of buying that one several times before.

As for the selection I sent you, three of them were consumed in my last great history-reading binge. Pat Barker's trilogy of books on the Great War steered me there because I felt like I knew very little detail about that period. Sassoon is a character in the books along with another poet Wilfred Owen, and I read a bunch of their work and the Fussell book, among others. I haven't read the biography but I think I am going to buy that one for myself as well. It sounded like the best telling of his life. I do hope you enjoy them.

Thanks Doug and happy holidays! :dance:

post-95-12951158711647_thumb.jpg

The Slim autobiography is a real favourite of mine and there are some great lines in it too. I think you will like it. I would have loved to have met him but he died 15 years before I was born. Stupid birth timing.

I did ask them to deliver them all at once, but I guess they got keen.

Merry Chrimbo!

When I got back into town this afternoon I couldn't resist and opened up a package of unusual size and weight (for what was supposed to be a CD exchange). Lo and behold there was no CD to be found inside, instead there was a bottle of Sazerac 18, Dolin Rouge, and Fee Bros Cherry Bitters. :o

Very much looking forward to combining these in a glass later, many many thanks Jim! :prettyprincess: