Did HeadRoom discontinue the Desktop Ultra DAC?

Knuckledragger

I can't find it on the HR page, and Google searches aren't turning up much that is useful. It's still pictured in a few of the HR-BUD photos and a PDF of the manual is still online, but that's about it. I did some preliminary searches on head-fi, but I can barely navigate that site these days.

If it's in fact gone, it seems like an odd move to me. The "build your own Max" option of buying a HR-BUD, HR-UDAC and DPS is no longer possible. Not to mention the lack of a top of the line source for the HR power amps + Harbeths. Where's Tyll when you need him?*

*Yes, I realize he's no longer directly affiliated with the company.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, that was a couple years ago. Last year, he left the company completely. So he's not directly involved, not indirectly involved, not tangentially involved, and not philosophically involved. headroom isn't what it used to be, it's now just a place to buy skullcandy.

The real question is what an exciting horizon of development and innovation do we have ahead of us for all headphone enthusiasts. Postjack International is poised to take a leadership role in this bolstering industry.

Business students will one day study the art of Postjackian Enterprise. All hail PostJack!