Welcome to the "Banned from Head-fi" club 909!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhd812

Lets see, $5000 phono preamp, no painted over chips here

Lets see $2900 apache balanced headphone amp, no painted over chips here either

$900 HR2. nope, no painted over chips. XP7.....

why only the sr71,hornet and tomahawk? Maybe ray was pulling a headphonia??

seems like you have to spend at least $500 to get honest product.

I got this brand new apex2 xray coming in less than 2 weeks. 16 times the resolution

of my old unit. You get me ray's permission and i'll post the metalization pictures...

you forgot the xr-2 and the ca2 buddy..those amps can be rolled opamp wise...thats why no paint and as what fergie would say "no no drama..no nono drama""

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt say the xray stuff was wrong, but unless EVERYONE xrays it no one knoes for sure..well if you x ray then yeah you know but how will the person know wha you tell them is the chip..get wat i am saying?

If that's your logic, why did you even suggest that we could know if Ray told us. You just said that someone who x-rays it knows for sure, but then said a person who is told about it, by someone who x-rays it, doesn't know. Well, then if that's the case, the person wouldn't know any better if Ray were to tell them, since you put Ray in the same position as someone who x-rays it in terms of knowledge of the components.

Ultimately, this sort of position means everything is based in inference and you only have a spectrum of strong to weak inferences. As such, while my suspicions about the content about one or more of these amps is less strong than the inferential basis I would have per x-rays or Ray telling me what is used, it doesn't mean it's necessarily useless in discourse about these products.

he was banned for a month for posting an msn log. it was a girl trying to coax him into showing his dick on webcam and was pretty graphic. it was justified imo.

also, like a month ago the aaroncort guy posted here; the beat off joke was awesome lol, hardest i laughed at headfi ever probably...

he was banned for a month for posting an msn log. it was a girl trying to coax him into showing his dick on webcam and was pretty graphic. it was justified imo.

also, like a month ago the aaroncort guy posted here; the beat off joke was awesome lol, hardest i laughed at headfi ever probably...

Welcome to Head-Case! :)

He got banned for that? lol. Didn't seem that bad to me but perhaps it's just that I'm much more used to forums with little moderation.

aaroncort was me on head-fi. I'm glad you liked the joke. That weeks had me doing all kinds of crazy things. The beat-off joke wasn't even part of what got me banned. If you check this thread you can find the discussion on it.

it was a context based joke so it won't be funny when it's retold but I'll try anyway.

There was a thread by some metro guy that showed all of his body care products. He had around 30 or 40 different lotions and hair jiz. All I said was "dude, I hope just use all that stuff to beat off.". See what I mean, not funny.

Guest GlendaleViper

Yep. You're gonna have to trust him on it. I had to PM Thelonius and Chekhonte (aaroncort) right afterwards, as the context was just too good... sure enough, our friend here was banned the next day. :-\

I can kind of prove I'm aaroncort. Both my gmail and photobucket name are aaroncort. check my picture posts in "what are you listening to right now" and check my profile for my email address. right click the photo and select properties and it will give the extension /aaroncort/photobucket.com

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my ass wasn't banned from HF but I thought I announce myself in this thread. I had been lurking for a few days.

I found Head-Case as I researched AMB's Beta22. He had a link on his site to some posts on Head-Case regarding the amp. I was very surprised to see some of the names here, namely Reks. I wondered what had happened to him and why he was banned. Glad to see Reks and others doing well. HF has lost many people who gave it character.

I'll be quiet now. Don't hurt me. My skin is delicate. ;D

Well, my ass wasn't banned from HF but I thought I announce myself in this thread. I had been lurking for a few days.

I found Head-Case as I researched AMB's Beta22. He had a link on his site to some posts on Head-Case regarding the amp. I was very surprised to see some of the names here, namely Reks. I wondered what had happened to him and why he was banned. Glad to see Reks and others doing well. HF has lost many people who gave it character.

I'll be quiet now. Don't hurt me. My skin is delicate. ;D

There's tons of good info here, most people are really nice, don't worry about it.

You guys are all lovey-dovey; welcome to head-case kiss-kiss/hug-hug... while we love lulling new members into a false sense of head-case comfort and security realize one misstep and snap :laugh: (no one has died as far as I know yet >:D )

just some superficial virtual bruised egos (usually all in the rough and tumble school yard good fun) ;D

So it doesn't hurt to have thick skin.