Beyerdynamic T5p

Dusty Chalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got the Headzone base station. Not supporting 96kHz. The sound quality is obviously better than my Onkyo 876 AVR. The surround mode has different experience but i prefer bypass mode for music.

Also had a short time testnig with DT 880 (both 250 & 32 ohm) new units in the shop. Bypass mode. In overall DT 880 has deeper and stronger bass than T5P; grrr I just hope T5P to have bass at least close to 880 and i will be very happy with the combo.

The cable is a little bit too short connecting to the base station; or need to put the station really close to me.

Surround effect under DD/DTS is ok, for maximum room side and ambience setting the sound stage is moving away from head, not far though. It is quite easy to identify the 5 potitions with ac3 individual channel test but it is not likely able to simulate sound behind the head. Watching movie with this combo is an enjoyable experience.

I am not getting the head tracker, i can't see any use of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got some beyer T1, T5p and T 50p cans for test.

The T5 is relentlessly bright ... unlistenable. You can polish that turd all you want with eq, but it's still gonna stink eventually.

Id sell the T5 as soon as you can while theres still suckers out the who havent read all about it.

Hi Tyll,

thanks for the impressions. I was going to buy T5p based on some reviews but now I think I'll pass. Based on your description it sounds like a headphone I'd really hate. One question came to mind: I also read about T5p on Headroom's website, why the glowing review?

www.headphone.com :

"T5p offers brilliant musical detail and pristine high-definition sound quality from your favorite portable player device or computer without a headphone amp required. Magnificent 'listening room' quality sound on the fly anywhere your music matters."

4.5 stars: This headphone is often the best performer at its app/price. It performs well and has no remarkable flaws. It is always a very good value in a particular application."

Hi Tyll,

thanks for the impressions. I was going to buy T5p based on some reviews but now I think I'll pass. Based on your description it sounds like a headphone I'd really hate. One question came to mind: I also read about T5p on Headroom's website, why the glowing review?

www.headphone.com :

"T5p offers brilliant musical detail and pristine high-definition sound quality from your favorite portable player device or computer without a headphone amp required. Magnificent 'listening room' quality sound on the fly anywhere your music matters."

4.5 stars: This headphone is often the best performer at its app/price. It performs well and has no remarkable flaws. It is always a very good value in a particular application."

Tyll isn't with HeadRoom anymore. I'd also recommend you read the link for all newbies before you post again. A quick search will give you enough information about what the consensus on Beyers are. Whoever wrote that review at HeadRoom might have liked it, but Tyll's answer is clear. If you don't agree, then I'd suggest you goto Head-Fi. Oh, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Tyll isn't with HeadRoom anymore. I'd also recommend you read the link for all newbies before you post again. A quick search will give you enough information about what the consensus on Beyers are. Whoever wrote that review at HeadRoom might have liked it, but Tyll's answer is clear. If you don't agree, then I'd suggest you goto Head-Fi. Oh, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Ok, now I get it. I've missed the fact that Tyll has left HeadRoom. I've always associated Headroom with Tyll and wondered why the opinions/reviews are so different.

I have nothing but respect for the man. In fact his raving about Grado SR60s was the thing that made me buy my first good headphones.

So thanks again Tyll for saving me from a big disappointment (and also more than 571 euros: http://cgi.ebay.de/b...#ht_3301wt_1140 ).

• 2 weeks later...

With his reasoning there is no point to meets, because you can't tell shit about anything. Reason? He can't tell shit about anything, and since his head is stuck so far up his ass he thinks everyone else is the same way.

Fucking fuckety fuck he makes me angry.

Have I given you enough time to calm down? ;)

This is a good thread to read BTW by your very own mod. Sorry it's on 'the other place'.

Edited by Ben Gramain

Yeah - hit & run is not intentional. I tend not to stick around that often, anywhere headphone-related these days. I tend to just buy for myself these days, and upgrade only when I really need one.

So what were you buying/upgrading that brought you back to this thread to try to stir up an old argument for absolutely no good reason?

So what were you buying/upgrading that brought you back to this thread to try to stir up an old argument for absolutely no good reason?

The thread is still on the front page. What is this, twenty questions?

Actually, was looking around for user feedback on the 009's but I see I was premature. Also kind of wanted to revisit comments on the LCD-2's that I've avoided so far out of a lack of practicality for PC use. It's hard work picking away the peer-group sycophants, but I figure there are more than enough worthwhile members to make looking through worth the trouble.

The thread is still on the front page. What is this, twenty questions?

Actually, was looking around for user feedback on the 009's but I see I was premature. Also kind of wanted to revisit comments on the LCD-2's that I've avoided so far out of a lack of practicality for PC use. It's hard work picking away the peer-group sycophants, but I figure there are more than enough worthwhile members to make looking through worth the trouble.

No, it's just however many questions I fucking feel like asking.

Let me try phrasing it a way you can understand easier: how does anything you're buying or researching have fuckall to do with you coming on here to troll?

No, it's just however many questions I fucking feel like asking.

Let me try phrasing it a way you can understand easier: how does anything you're buying or researching have fuckall to do with you coming on here to troll?

Nothing at all.

I'd suggest reviewing the sequence of events in this thread prior to my response to myproblemis to see who actually has a trolling issue. Sorry I can't contribute that much to the discussions or reviews, but as I said - I don't do a heck of a lot in this area these days.

Rather than snide remarks from all concerned I'd actually be happier if you guys just told me to fuck off. I will.

Edited by Ben Gramain

Nothing at all.

I'd suggest reviewing the sequence of events in this thread prior to my response to myproblemis to see who actually has a trolling issue. Sorry I can't contribute that much to the discussions or reviews, but as I said - I don't do a heck of a lot in this area these days.

Rather than snide remarks from all concerned I'd actually be happier if you guys just told me to fuck off. I will.

Let's see, the sequence of events: there's a forum scuffle between you and others on here. Everybody stops caring about it and it's forgotten for several months. Then you come out of nowhere and try to revive the argument, for no beneficial reason other than your own enjoyment. Yeahhhh... no amount of talking will hide the simple fact that you're acting a right prat.

Or alternatively, since you clearly have some difficulties with reading comprehension, here's something closer to your level of understanding: Would you kindly FUCK OFF.