Mog - could be good

CarlSeibert

There's always one of Americas last free-form stations, WFMU, that's available in free podcasts/streaming (and going back over ten years). iPhone app too. From the Antique Phonograph Music Program to Sinner's Crossroads to Downtown Soulville with Mr. Fine Wine to Shut Up, Weirdo...

http://wfmu.org/schedule

Also on Squeezebox.

Edited by blessingx

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a paid subscriber (to Spotify). There's a few things that are missing (Pain of Salvation!), but it's also been responsible for some great introductions. Also, those ads get old fast. It works better if you have longer tracks.

The ads are visual banners only though right? But I'll be upgrading for the q9 OGG quality.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Dammit, I have been really enjoying MOG. :( Anything else that streams 320kbps, works well with SB Touch, runs in a browser, has a large collection, and is reasonably priced?

I'm using Spotify, the collection is pretty good and Premium is rather affordable. Their premium bitrate is equivalent to 320, but using some ogg derivative using lower bandwidth. I don't know if it works well with the SB Touch, but you can use it from the web browser, it has apps for mobile devices, and it's possible downloading the files (even at the highest bitrate) to keep them in your device to play when there's no connection. I'm pretty happy with it.

Dammit, I have been really enjoying MOG. :( Anything else that streams 320kbps, works well with SB Touch, runs in a browser, has a large collection, and is reasonably priced?
Hoping with MOG ending and Beats beginning there will be someone who does a new survey of Spotify, Rdio, etc. and publishes a review. Here's an early one for Beats - http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/1/20/5319322/beats-music-vs-spotify-dr-dre-streaming "When you first open Beats Music, it asks if you identify as a..."

Fuck this pisses me off. I've got MOG running through a Vortexbox server and can sychronise it through all the Squeezebox players in my house and control it through my iPeng iPad app. I've spent countless hours scouring and favoriting artists so my reccos are relevant. And now they think Trent Reznor can find music for me better than I can!?

FUCK YOU IOVINE!!!

I absolutely will do another streaming service comparative review, and if Jimmy hasn't packed his shit nice and tight I'll piss on him...again.

Not that my dick's that big or my prostate will allow for much pressure...wind's pretty unfavorable as well...

...BUT I'LL BLOODY WELL TRY!!!

• Like 2

The third party (triode's) spotify plugin allows you to stream from server + sync multiple SB clients - access (spotify) playlists + control from iPeng

Will MOG allow you to export all that "value" you added to their system for you ....

A lesson for relying on any "closed" service. what's your music listening continuity plan for when they wink out of existence?

... or looking at it the other way the same price/functionality as MOG Primo (mobile, download, etc.).

EDIT: Shelly, going into Spotify Setup or Upgrade I see only Free and $9.99 Premium options, but if you go into account settings/manage subscriptions there is a $4.99 choice there (at least in my old dormant account). Not sure if it shares the same bitrates as the Premium.

Edited by blessingx