power conditioning improvement - mainly from the receptacles?

tiberian

i replaced my crappy wall outlet with a cryoed pass and seymour 8200H from cryo parts like 2 weeks ago. i got a really nice improvement on imaging, and the blackground hash also dropped a bit, resulting in a better sense of transparency and speed.

out of boredom i plugged my lavry directly to the receptacle. to my surprise the sound isn't that different from the clean, open sound i get from plugging my rig into the running springs haley. take the improvement i get from the cryoed P&S further, and you get the haley.

the p&s is more expensive than the normal receptacle we use, but its physically larger, and the clamping mechanism is better built. it also doesn't have fancy plating and a ridiculous oyaide/furutech pricetag.

now maybe i can finally think about selling my haley and the TG SLVR cord seriously...then get a transporter!

anyway, before spending 30 bucks on a ps audio fuse, try a better outlet first.

• 3 months later...

I don't notice much difference from changing my outlet to a furutech silver; just a bit more transparency. Using my diy power conditioner (15amp emi/rfi filter->15amp balanced isolation transformer->600v parallel caps) I notice a large reduction in hash in the high end, blacker backgrounds, lowered noise floor and a nice increase in bass slam and taughtness. Not a subtle change at all. ^^

Biggie.