X-box or PS3?

Pars

On the X-Box, the 4G and 250G consoles are the hard drive sizes? 4G seems kinda small if that is the case. If that is indeed the case, how much impact does HD size have on the system performance?

Thanks for the table as well. You can tell I've done my research...

On the X-Box, the 4G and 250G consoles are the hard drive sizes? 4G seems kinda small if that is the case. If that is indeed the case, how much impact does HD size have on the system performance?

Thanks for the table as well. You can tell I've done my research...

The hard drive size is for storage and does not have an effect on performance. It's used to store game saves, downloaded games from xbox live, downloadable content, and for storing the game data to play from if you want to play the games from hard drive. In the case of installing the games to hard drive, that is where you'll hit the drive limit quickly with the 4GB option. You can always upgrade later if need be.

The hard drive size is for storage and does not have an effect on performance. It's used to store game saves, downloaded games from xbox live, downloadable content, and for storing the game data to play from if you want to play the games from hard drive. In the case of installing the games to hard drive, that is where you'll hit the drive limit quickly with the 4GB option. You can always upgrade later if need be.

I thought the new Xbox doesn't have a removable HDD? And I'm not even sure you'll be able to fit 1 game install on the HDD... I faintly recall that game installs on my system took in the 6gb+ range.

I thought the new Xbox doesn't have a removable HDD? And I'm not even sure you'll be able to fit 1 game install on the HDD... I faintly recall that game installs on my system took in the 6gb+ range.

Oops! I forgot what size the game installs took. Nonetheless, a 6gb game install would fill the 4gb drive quickly, would it not? ;)

New xbox does have a removable hdd, it's just hidden by the grill. You pop off a portion of the bottom grill by pressing a button and then pull the hard drive tab to remove it. Additionally you can now use usb memory sticks for storage, but only up to 16GB.

To complicate things a bit, it seems most middle school students and online gamers use xbox. I'm not a fan of subscription based gaming, but if its going to matter to the kids more to be able to play with their friends or trade games, I think the first thing you should do is ask your children what your children's friends are using.

Tapatalk

• 1 month later...