not quite sure where the new member seciton is..

needmorstuff

just found this forum searching for reviews on hfi 780.. great forum straight talking love it!

guess I need to look for something other than 780's..

feel like I have just awoken from the Matrix that is head-fi

cans.. needs bass (primary use - driven by av reciever hk avr255 watching mens films), comfort, easily driven, movies. UK. Straight enough?

Have tried... senn 650,595,grado 80,dennon 5000, ath 1000,beyer 770,akg701/702

Needmor, welcome to Head-Case. I am afraid your existence is about to take on something of a "city boy lands in Deliverance and asks where he can get a soy latte" quality. Just ride it out; the boys are getting older, and I think the survival rate is up to almost 30% now. And in answer to your question, it sounds like you've made the rounds of the usual non-exotic suspects, so perhaps it's time for JH16s.

Needmor, welcome to Head-Case. I am afraid your existence is about to take on something of a "city boy lands in Deliverance and asks where he can get a soy latte" quality. Just ride it out; the boys are getting older, and I think the survival rate is up to almost 30% now. And in answer to your question, it sounds like you've made the rounds of the usual non-exotic suspects, so perhaps it's time for JH16s.

well do I ignore the "grumpy old gits" or do i try and reply with some witty retort?

JH16s.. off to google. Never heard of em! result already.

Witty retorts from a one-minute member will not get you anything but a shovel to the back of the head. No guns, but there is a satisfying *thwack* sound if your headphones are resolving enough, and the heads sometimes do explode. Is that violent enough for you? I'm going to predict you will be stuck in basement mode.

well do I ignore the "grumpy old gits" or do i try and reply with some witty retort?
Neither.
ok I will use the search button.. but its boring.
Not a good sign. Not just the fact that you don't want to use the search function, but the fact that you're whining about it out loud. (And no, I did not misspell "whinging".)

There is no new member section, and we tend not to answer "entry level" questions such as these -- really, that's what Head-Fi is for. Plenty of people over there ready to suggest the Sony MDR-V6/-7506 or the Shure SRH840.

Ah fahck.

LOL @ "...bugger..."