Noise canceling headphones for portable DVD player

postjack

• 1 month later...

I have no idea what you're trying to say, sometimes, wink.  You ever heard of "words"? 

The bass is even more overblown on these than on the Sony MDR-Z7.  But it's nice and impactful, so I think I can get used to it.

Why doesn't the noise-canceling filter out voices that well?

When I use the cable, it keeps cutting out, so I'm using Bluetooth.

15 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say, sometimes, wink.  You ever heard of "words"

(snip)

Well cut my legs off and call me "Shorty", If the common bon mot of a picture being worth a thousand words is, in ,fact a truism, then logic would necessitate that the picture would be self-explanatory.

But, alas, reality dictates otherwise as is signalled so perfunctorily in that most pictures are captioned, which puts the concept into the ubiquitous category of a general untruth.

The clip was in response to your phrase "boy howdy" which emblazoned a distinct caricature of a set of JBL Everest Elite 750NC covered in hayseeds in my over-stimulated mind.

I hope this elucidates rather than obfuscates the situation.

Either way, enjoy your JBL's.......   :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wink said:

Well cut my legs off and call me "Shorty", If the common bon mot of a picture being worth a thousand words is, in ,fact a truism, then logic would necessitate that the picture would be self-explanatory.

But, alas, reality dictates otherwise as is signalled so perfunctorily in that most pictures are captioned, which puts the concept into the ubiquitous category of a general untruth.

The clip was in response to your phrase "boy howdy" which emblazoned a distinct caricature of a set of JBL Everest Elite 750NC covered in hayseeds in my over-stimulated mind.

I hope this elucidates rather than obfuscates the situation.

Either way, enjoy your JBL's.......   :D

Yeah, memes, eh?

• 8 months later...

Ok, I got the sony wh1000xm2 noise canceling headphones.  They're amazing.  They sample the base noise, and delete it.  For working in a loud environment like a data center, they're a life saver.  I can hear people talk, without the constant base fan noise.

And they sound decent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grawk said:

Ok, I got the sony wh1000xm2 noise canceling headphones.  They're amazing.  They sample the base noise, and delete it.  For working in a loud environment like a data center, they're a life saver.  I can hear people talk, without the constant base fan noise.

And they sound decent.

Good for you.

• 10 months later...

Can't believe I'm resurrecting such an old thread. 

My 4 year old grandson needs noise cancelling headphones.  Apparently he has issues with loud environments.  I looked at the sony wh1000xm2 but that doesn't look like something that will fit a 4 year old well.  Considering how they would be handled might not be a wise choice anyway.

Any help appreciated.  

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, Aimless1 said:

Can't believe I'm resurrecting such an old thread. 

My 4 year old grandson needs noise cancelling headphones.  Apparently he has issues with loud environments.  I looked at the sony wh1000xm2 but that doesn't look like something that will fit a 4 year old well.  Considering how they would be handled might not be a wise choice anyway.

Any help appreciated.  

Just saw this, but Wirecutter has a page for kid headphones: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-kids-headphones/

Looks like the top choice, which is just 50-60$, is designed to fit 2.5-11 year olds, so seems totally reasonable.

Also, depending on the child, there are also kid-sized Etys: https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones/ek5.html

Also, some with a mic: https://www.etymotic.com/ek3.html

IEMs may not be ideal, but they have lots of effective noise reduction, don't need batteries (but may need an adapter depending on device), and they come in pink.

I mean, for 100$, you could have both, and this *is* Head-Case, so... :)

Thanks Brent.  I know literally nothing about noise cancelling headphones.  Been reading but didn't see wirecutter.  Thank You!

Of course you don't know this grandson has a short arm (aka no hand) on the left.   IEMs were my first thought but as talented as he is with one hand I couldn't see how that would work.  I'll let me daughter know.

• Sad 1