W5000s

humanflyz

Are they brand new?

Nothing like getting something fresh out of the box and being the first to use it and break it in.

I really like the beautiful wood cups and the hard shell carrying case. I wish the L3000s came with such a case for mobile transport. Well you can?t have it all.

Enjoy the W5000 ;D

Yeah, the W5000s are not going to be my primary cans: but for those times when I don't want to leak that much sound, I think they are very good. They are just very fun to listen to for me.

I'm running them out of my Lavry's headphone jack, not sure if I'm going to get another amp since they are not going to be primary phones.

Boy am I glad that I convinced my roommate to get these O0

First time I heard the W5000 I didn't really like them. But on a second listen I completely changed my mind about them. The A900 were my first full-size can too.

I definitely need to give them a second chance.

But I'm looking for a really bassy headphone so I doubt I'd seriously consider buying one.

Yeah, the W5000s are not going to be my primary cans: but for those times when I don't want to leak that much sound, I think they are very good. They are just very fun to listen to for me.

I'm running them out of my Lavry's headphone jack, not sure if I'm going to get another amp since they are not going to be primary phones.

Boy am I glad that I convinced my roommate to get these O0

A few people have noted AT synergy with the DA10. (A900ltd and W5000)

I definitely need to give them a second chance.

But I'm looking for a really bassy headphone so I doubt I'd seriously consider buying one.

Well the R10 I heard wasn't bass heavy at all. Sony made some that had more low-end bass. You want serious bass with not only quantity, but quality consider the L3000s. I don't think I've heard better in a similar type headphone.

Well the R10 I heard wasn't bass heavy at all. Sony made some that had more low-end bass. You want serious bass with not only quantity, but quality consider the L3000s. I don't think I've heard better in a similar type headphone.

Ray's R10 sounded really good (Mikhails lower serial ok). I'd just never ever, even when I'm a millionaire pay that much for a headphone. And I seriously dislike the L3000 :P

As far as bass, PS-1 and Omega 2 are the holy grail for me (quality, quantity, extension, texture)

I need to listen to Ray's R10s, if he'll let me... :-\

The PS-1 and the Omega 2 are both great headphones. Though, I am not a huge Grado fan the PS-1s are among my Grado favors. As long as you?ve found what suits your tastes that?s the only important thing.

I got scared when I received the L3000s. I really liked them at the meet, but when I got them in my house it took about a day to get used to them for whatever reason. I know some people don?t like the L3000s and that?s normal because different listeners have different preferences. I always wonder about the set-up when some has a lack luster experience. And based on my time with the L3000s I suspect some are listening way too loud since I?ve never kept the volume so low before. In fact, it?s still pretty loud too (probably most might not think so under meet conditions).

At first I didn't like the W5000 (nat'l meet). But I went to a meet with two other AT fans and they had two pairs. We were listening to them through an M^3 and also the HA5000 and the Lavry DAC.

I seriously had to recondier my position on them...I found them more to my liking. Fit is a problem for me with these cans though....I have a small head (STOP SNICKERING!) and the W5000 are a bit too big...the metal headband is such that the tops of the leather pads don't sit directly against my head properly...this affects the seat and the sound of the headphones. I'm tempted to get a pair though and spend more time with them vs. the W3000 I have, but 'stats are whats in my immediate future O0.

The hollowness and odd midrange are the deal breakers for me. The 650s and rs-1s are both cheaper and none of their flaws bothers me as much.

I hear you on the midrange, it's definitely a little bit odd, but it's odd in a way that doesn't bother me. However, I couldn't live with these as my one and only pair though.

The hollowness and odd midrange are the deal breakers for me. The 650s and rs-1s are both cheaper and none of their flaws bothers me as much.

It looks like I'm joining Team HD650. Traded my Beyerdynamic DT770 for the HD650.

I was looking for darker sound to go along with the K1000. The Beyer fit that but took a hit to the midrange, and strangely the bass really isn't as impactful as the HD650

Hey tkam, just wondering, if given the situation where you could only choose among the closed headphones currently in production, would there be other headphones that you prefer over the W5000? (A Darth 770 for example.)

I finally found a perfect setup for my w5000's..

My Wii needed some nice cans with a good closed sound..w5000's are a bit on the pricey side but fit well in the setup. comfortable enough to think about the game, but it kind of sucks when you start stabbing like crazy in Zelda cause the cans sort of fall down past your ears. oh well.

I finally found a perfect setup for my w5000's..

My Wii needed some nice cans with a good closed sound..w5000's are a bit on the pricey side but fit well in the setup. comfortable enough to think about the game, but it kind of sucks when you start stabbing like crazy in Zelda cause the cans sort of fall down past your ears. oh well.

Well then they're not perfect are they? :P