Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

• 3 weeks later...

That also would have gone well with yesterday's beef brisket, which was coated with rub, smoked, and slow cooked on the Traeger for 6 hours. I think I could have cooked it less and made it a bit more rare but it was very tasty and tender. Ironically, the thin end of the brisket was the most tender and flakey. Maybe that is the cut and maybe it was the lack of a fat layer at that part. Anyway, it was good stuff and I am learning this smoker/grill thing as I go along.

web.jpg?ver=13025656140001

web.jpg?ver=13025656230001

Turned out ok for the first try. The steaks should have been a bit more to the rare side. The shallot - mushroom - garlic - brandy mix was excellent. And I needed to be more liberal with the horseradish and Dijon. But lessons learned this time should help us prep for the next one on Dark Lord Day.

Here's the final outcome:

62e3a471-dbb5-bc62.jpg

5670604329_0eeae11a65_b.jpg

This is a curious, and I believe uniquely American concoction: the baked stuffed potato. A baked potato, cut up, with S&P, butter/margarine, and, in this case, crumbled bacon, steamed broccoli, crumbled feta cheese, sour (non-fat) cream, and Tabasco Chipotle hot sauce. It is seasoned "zippy", which is flavorful and the skin on my skull sweats. Glass of cab. I'm down 5 1/2# in April.

Edited by Old Pa

That also would have gone well with yesterday's beef brisket, which was coated with rub, smoked, and slow cooked on the Traeger for 6 hours. I think I could have cooked it less and made it a bit more rare but it was very tasty and tender. Ironically, the thin end of the brisket was the most tender and flakey. Maybe that is the cut and maybe it was the lack of a fat layer at that part. Anyway, it was good stuff and I am learning this smoker/grill thing as I go along.

web.jpg?ver=13025656140001

web.jpg?ver=13025656230001

Al, nice brisket. It's not easy to get it right but yours looks good.