Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

My first attempt at quite a few things in this pic...

Seared Tuna.

post-482-0-47212900-1304906448_thumb.jpg

Cooked first side at 800F for 1 minute, flipped and did the same on the other side. I just covered it with a bit of olive oil prior to this. Tasted good, so now I'm hunting around for some other recipes that expand on this a bit :)

That was my best pulled pork so far. I made some Memphis style sauce to go with it. This time I did half the time in the smoker and the other half in the oven with a beef broth, some beer geek breakfast, white wine vinegar, apple cider, and a bunch of seasonings.

Marc, the tuna looks good. My wife likes her tuna almost raw. I tend to sear it at 500, maybe 600 so the cooked layer is thin. Did you make that on your new grill?

Al, I'm looking forward to seeing those ribs when they are done later. Nice looking salmon.

My family is leaving me tomorrow for a couple of days. I'm trying to come up with something to smoke. I'm thinking of some brisket, since that's my favorite but wouldn't mind trying something different. Time to do some research.

Al, I'm looking forward to seeing those ribs when they are done later. Nice looking salmon.

My family is leaving me tomorrow for a couple of days. I'm trying to come up with something to smoke. I'm thinking of some brisket, since that's my favorite but wouldn't mind trying something different. Time to do some research.

If you have the Traeger recipe book try the cannibal bones. Some of the best ribs I have had/made. If you need it I am sure I could scan a pic.

I replaced my heating element today. Neglected to clean out the pot and it got a bit full of ash which led to the early demise of the element. Keeping it clean and having a extra element on hand is key I would think.

That does sound good, Reks.

Thanks for the Traeger maintenance reminders Naaman. I think mine needs a good cleaning and clearing. An extra element seems like a good idea too.

Oh, and why Mikey, just why?

Sushi SPAM day!

Edited by Voltron