Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

I am going non-traditional and doing a beer and honey glazed pork roast for Thanksgiving and prepping the brisket, homemade baked beans, crock pot corn and double chocolate brownies for Saturday.

Right now I am making tons of oven bacon as my butcher was out of the bacon fat I need for the brisket.

Naaman, how long, what temp and how many pounds? Bacon fat is awesome! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

15 lbs. 250deg. Until it's done ;) I want it done by 3 so if it's getting close to that time I'll crank up the heat a bit. Really just winged it (pun intended) this time. Stuffed with kosher salt, pepper, fresh minced garlic, couple of cuties, a stick of butter, and a can of Dr. Pepper. Rubbed on the outside with more of the garlic and Traeger poultry rub. Basting every hour. Smells amazing, hope it tastes as good. 

Hey, if it wasn't for us hereditary oppressors you'd have no reason to flee persecution, and celebrate being given survival tips from soon to be displaced indigenous populations! ;)

Speaking of oppression, are the womenfolk in the kitchen still laboring under the yoke of patriarchy or have you at least fetched them a drink or two! :)

Edited by Grahame