Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've finally got this jacuzzi thing down. Thanks to Mike_sr!

Made a pork steak and used the juice to make a vermouth mushroom sauce . It was really good. The first time I was really happy with it!

Also Brazilian style collard greens. 

Edit: what a shitty photographer I have. I need to hire a new one.

13cde29f27674461334b552f0d47b184.jpge27ad3209576f4373f60407cc43a78e9.jpg572892476cb76fa812fb659e19ae7377.jpg

Edited by jvlgato

My carbon steel pan blistered and a few chunks of seasoning came off. This was after rinsing without soap and then heating and applying oil. During the heating, some of the seasoning started blistering and coming off down to bare metal.

There was nothing unusual done, nothing acidic, just white rice and some veggies, no tomatoes.

Any suggestions as to the cause and whether I should scrape it down to bare metal and restart? Or do I just heat, apply oil and keep going?

7cb138df738f1633b61c5f154ee56c4b.jpg

^^^ Shit, piss, and corruption!  I knew I should have stayed north one more week.  Next year, please fax the weekly menues in advance.  Looks amazing, Nate.

You are welcome anytime, Gene.  Best part is I use a tomatillo based salsa to make the sauce so the pre-dinner chips and salsa are also quite good.  Thanks to this place I also make a pretty mean margarita. 

• Like 3

Well, it just so happens that Margaritas fit into the three almost cocktails that are exempt from my no cocktails rule ... the other two are a G&T and a Dark and Stormy.  The basic rule is, more than two ingredients, and its a cocktail, and therefore sucks.  I realize that any good Margarita has at least three ingredients, so that makes the old saying true, the exception makes the rule.

Cheers!

What?  Incorrect.  No, more than incorrect, wrong.  Just plain wrong.

Gene is correct. The classic definition of a cocktail is a beverage with at least three ingredients, at least one of which is an alcoholic spirit. Traditionally, that meant a spirit, a liqueur, and a sweetener, or more generically a mixer of whatever kind.

Back to the thread topic, although I didn't actually cook anything on this plate. I grew the tomatoes and basil and bought the mozzarella pearls, EVOO, salt and pepper. May add a bit of balsamic while eating.

ccd0604f3cc7feae60320150e9d049bd.jpg

• Like 3

^^^ Ah, Caprese salad at it's best ... home grown ingredients, and proprietor prepared.

Bon appetit, and thanks for the literal cocktail reinforcement and definition of what a cocktail is.  Nothing wrong with a good cocktail ... just not for me when spirits, beer, and water by themselves can satisfy.  I am a simple man.

And, Jacob, thanks for the noble effort to convert, but it is far too late.  :)

Gene is correct. The classic definition of a cocktail is a beverage with at least three ingredients, at least one of which is an alcoholic spirit. Traditionally, that meant a spirit, a liqueur, and a sweetener, or more generically a mixer of whatever kind.

I wasn't referring to the definition, I was referring to the "...and therefore sucks..." part -- that's what he's wrong about.

I could give a shit about the definition.  A G&T is a cocktail, and look, right there in the name -- two ingredients.

Also:  I'm just being an ass, feel free to disregard. Fawk

Or am I being a dick?  One of the two...

Edited by Dusty Chalk