Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A question about lard...

I've just bought a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet and I'm going to try my hand at fried chicken.

I wanted to come here for some recommendations on the type of lard (brand names would help too).

I've also bought some White Lily flour for the accompanying biscuits with gravy.

• Like 3

l cooked Steak a la Stoneham at my dad's tonight. Horace Stoneham was the NY Giants owner who brought the team to SF 60 years ago. My oldest brother came over for dinner and we watched the game while having dinner. My dad took him to the second ever MLB game on the west coast 60 years ago this week. Stoneham got Alfred's Steakhouse -- still in operation -- to make this dish and they added it to their menu. My dad has been copying it ever since. It is strips of steak tossed with spices and flour and fried up with some parsley, green onions and sherry. I'll post the "recipe" if anyone wants it, but it is mostly ingredients and methods but no quantities. Tasty stuff that reminds me of my childhood. 

A6362720-3825-4CDF-A06F-BD1C088D69F2.jpeg

• Like 13