Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

Well, our covid Thanksgiving day is limited to me, Claire, Alden and Steve. The meal we thought was going to be more streamlined has taken two days of cooking and baking, and we're not done yet. Here's the allegedly shorter menu:

Orange-ginger cranberry sauce 

Meeso-Horny, I mean Miso-honey roasted Brussel sprouts 

Sausage-fennel stuffing 

Sweet potatoes TBD by The TICE

Brined roast turkey

Giblet gravy

Turkey-bacon-swiss burgers for Alden who doesn't like any of the Thanksgiving menu except dessert

Pecan pie

Apple tarte tatin (inclufed because Alden doesn't like pecan)

Whipped cream 

So much for streamlining. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Pics along the way. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

When you are awake at 4:30am and start listening to an audio book in bed at 5:30am and that book includes a description of an aged cheese and terragon omelet at a Paris bistro, you get up at 6:30am, pick fresh terragon in the dark and make an omelet. At least that is what I did this morning but forgot to post it.

C5CF54AB-6B14-4AE0-9919-E02BA0CEBE01.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I want to make Beef Wellington, but I no cook bread -- any recommendations?  Perhaps partially sous vide first?

THIS is the recipe my son and I used when we made Beef Wellington last year. I would suggest another set of hands unless you are Gordon Ramsey class in the kitchen.

12 hours ago, Voltron said:

When you are awake at 4:30am and start listening to an audio book in bed at 5:30am and that book includes a description of an aged cheese and terragon omelet at a Paris bistro, you get up at 6:30am, pick fresh terragon in the dark and make an omelet. At least that is what I did this morning but forgot to post it.

C5CF54AB-6B14-4AE0-9919-E02BA0CEBE01.jpeg

I'm getting you an audio book of waffle recipes for Christmas. I'll see you December 26th at 6:30 am.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, swt61 said:

I've worn Wellington boots, while cooking beef. Does that count?

I suspect that’s closer to how mine will turn out, since I’m like the opposite of Gordon Ramsay class.

9 hours ago, swt61 said:

I'm getting you an audio book of waffle recipes for Christmas. I'll see you December 26th at 6:30 am.

Please fax.  Please and thank you.  Also, French toast.