A little masa slurry

Top with crumbled queso fresca

20210312_164116.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm cooking what I call Redneck Casserole. 

1 box of Stovetop Stuffing, cooked as directed on box, then formed into a pyramid mound in a medium sized pot. Today I'm using pork chops, but chicken thighs also work well. I pre-fry the pork chops for a few minutes to get them browned on both sides, then place the four cops on the sides of the stuffing pyramid. Next open a can of cream of celery soup, mix in a bowl with equal parts milk. Pour soup/sauce all over the pork chops and stuffing and throw it in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, uncovered. Eat.

I forgot to take prep pics, but will add finished pic when done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No pics but yesterday was a serious day of Traegering. Got up at 5:40 to put the ~5lb pork shoulder on at 200F to let it cook very low and slow while I took Lily to a basketball tournament.  Came home before noon, checked, things were progressing nicely so helped the neighbor haul/chop wood for 2-1/2 hours (he's got two kids under 2...) at which point the shoulder had hit 165 so I wrapped with some apple juice and let it go again.  At 5:30 I pulled the shoulder at just over 200F and put it in the cooler to rest while I used the seriously pre-heated Traeger to reverse sear some Fillet Mignon for Andrew's 10th birthday (let that set in...).  That went for around 45min till it hit 125 and which point I wrapped and let it sit in the T on the "keep warm" setting to let me catch up with cooking steak fries in the skillet and to get the gas Webber good and hot.  Seared the steaks for 2min each side flipping until internal temp reached 155F.  Pulled and let rest for 10min while arranging the rest of dinner. Sliced and served and it was, by my estimation, the best job I've ever done cooking steak.  It was moist and tender and needed nothing other than the salt/pepper that I rubbed it with prior to cooking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...