Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

17 hours ago, swt61 said:

Wanna split meals? That looks mighty tasty. 

that'd be a great combination.

16 hours ago, Fitz said:

We have different tastes, seeing beans just... there is so unappealing for me. I know it tastes great, but the visual aspect puts me off.

I get that.  Cajun food rarely looks amazing.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, swt61 said:

Not exactly cooking, but whipped up a giant batch of quacamole. Took a bunch of it up to the Cascade compound. Al has a large group of followers up there today. He may or may not include quacamole and IPAs in his sermon.

20210623_133725.jpg

I didn't realize Mayberry was now a church but the congregation all enjoyed Steve's guacamole very much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your meat pictures reminds me of the lambchetta that we had the other night. Localish lamb loin wrapped in lamb belly like a porchetta. Very tasty and a great way to mix the lean loin with fatty and succulent belly without being overwhelming. I'm going to ask a good butcher back home if they can prepare one...

• Like 3

Normally when I make enchiladas, I make shredded chicken enchiladas with queso fresca and a tomatillo based sauce. 

I was feeling a bit nostalgic, and wanted my Mom's ooey gooey enchiladas. To be truthful they were a bit of a gut bomb. I'm still bloated and full. 

Live and learn.

• 1 month later...