luvdunhill

46 minutes ago, Grahame said:

1 Tablespoon Cumin 

1 Tablespoon Coriander

1 Tablespoon Tumeric 

1 teaspoon Red Pepper (Cayenne) 

As per the recipe 

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/creamy-coconut-chicken-curry/ 

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I actually have all of those things, plus lentils, so I'll give the original recipe a try.  (Doctor wants me to go even more plant-based, and I love beans, so...)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I actually have all of those things, plus lentils, so I'll give the original recipe a try.  (Doctor wants me to go even more plant-based, and I love beans, so...)

We've used (added) a can of Garbanzo beans in the past as a plant-based filler, and it seemed to work as they have a fairly neutral taste / texture, somewhat like chicken. The curry makes them interesting.

• Like 2

Hashbrown omelet. 

In 2018 a coworker took me to Art's diner at 9th and Irving, in San Francisco. Art's was actually run by a lovely Asian couple. He made these thin, crispy hashbrown omelets, and they were fantastic!

Sadly Al tells me that they didn't survive the pandemic, as so many restaurants.

Yesterday while scrolling YouTube, I ran across this recipe for hashbrown omelets. I used a carbon steel pan, as I don't own a Brownstone grill.

I chose sautéed onion & red bell pepper, bacon and pancetta, and stayed with American cheese.

I'll report back after I dive into this, but judging by how it looks and smells, I think it's going to be a winner.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, swt61 said:

I don't have any experience building in metal.

But I am exploring quality indoor griddles.

The real key to this dilemma is to make Al believe that he needs a Blackstone grill. 

I am a big fan! The one thing I didn’t think would be amazing - burgers. But they are.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swt61 said:

I don't have any experience building in metal.

But I am exploring quality indoor griddles.

The real key to this dilemma is to make Al believe that he needs a Blackstone grill. 

We already have a large griddle built into our stove, Steve, so you can make us hash brown omelets any time.

• Like 1

^^^ Hell yes, Al, I've been meaning to try to make something similar for years (basically a gyro) and just never seem to get there.

Me: 11lb brisket went on at 7am.  Expect the flat to be ready for dinner, burnt ends to be ready for all things leftovers by later this evening.  I'm trying a somewhat modified rub based on recent "discoveries" by YouTubers that Texas has been lying saying that it only uses salt and pepper on brisket.  Turns out (allegedly) most use some version of Lawry's Seasoned Salt so I added a bit of that this time to see if I notice any real difference. 

• Like 4

If Texas' lips are moving, you can assume she's lying. She tried to tell me that she was the biggest state in the union. 

And be careful about building the perfect gyro.

Because if you succeed, I'm movin' in!

I'd actually marry a woman, if she could make a good gyro and a good fish and chips!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2