What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Kerstmutske Christmas Nightcap from Brouwerij Slaapmutske on tap...bit surprised to see this one...

then back home w/a Dogfish Head Olde School Barley Wine Style Ale...which, despite it's 15% ABV, doesn't seem hot to me like a, say, Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout would...don't worry, i'm still going to try to age some, but it seems to be plentiful at the moment...

Gene, don't encourage them. Isn't it enough we have to put up with this in this thread?

Screw you, lawbreaker.

a6cd89ea-2ef3-19f7.jpg

I ordered an Entwhistle based on the name but an ingedient was missing so the bartender improvised a Daltrey for me instead. I plan to come back here.

Nice drinks from a nice bar Al. I miss good bars.

Sorry for your loss (of ice) Shelly. Seems like you are making the bet fit anyway.

Anvil # 23 Cuba Libre

Combine in an iced highball glass.

**3 oz Smith & Cross Navy Strength Rum (Aaaargh)

**Juice of 1/2 lime.

Fill with Fentimans Curiosity Cola.

Garnish with a lime wedge.

IMG_0036.jpg

Well that's a fancy cuba libre compared to the one I had, even the lime looks delicious! :D

Just had a Gin Rickey, so 1 less from the anvil list.. Have you guys tried this one? what recipe did you use?(the search thread didn't give me any results)

@HDen - Check Post # 19491 in the original what are you drinking now thread. That was what Inused for my Gin Rickey but I also used the Ransom Old Tom Gin.

@Shelly - Overproof rum FTW

@Colin - NO!

Anvil # 31 Fernet Branca and Non-anvil Toronto

The Fernet Branca is a shot of Fernet Branca, which besides being a shot and not a cocktail, tastes like I sprayed my mouth with the cleanser I use on our kitchen counters.

The Toronto on the other hand is pretty good. Fernet Branca is like Campari, not that they taste that much alike, in that it has a distinctive flavor that may take some getting used to. Anyway, the Toronto is a real cocktail by Jamie Boudreau.

** 2 oz rye

Ah forgot this was a new thread, I'm making another one with the measurements you posted.

I like my non-measured Gin Rickey, very nice cocktail.

**3/4 oz lime juice

**2 oz gin

**3 oz club soda

**a lime wedge (apply as garnish before serving).

Build in an ice-filled collins glass.

Nice looking drinks, Jim, especially the Toronto with the shot of cleanser on the side!

I had a Boodles martini at an alumni reception, a Sapporo at a Japanese restaurant with my one former professor friend, and then at home a Shandy Gaff with left over Fentiman's and Samuel Smiths.