What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

It's your own bottle, knock yourself out buddy.

Me, 3rd cup of coffee trying to get my ass in gear and get some stuff done today. Three day weekends can be exhausting....

True enough, Matt, but I am still a little bit gratified that he grudgingly might have taken something I said to heart. B) And Raffy, you should try it with a splash of really cold spring water. Similar effect to the ice cube from the ease of drinking standpoint, and some people believe a little branch water opens up the bourbon.

I am currently drinking tea because we forgot to get more ground coffee for this poorly equipped condo (the bag of beans are sitting worthlessly on the counter).

Edited by Voltron

True enough, Matt, but I am still a little bit gratified that he grudgingly might have taken something I said to heart. B) And Raffy, you should try it with a splash of really cold spring water. Similar effect to the ice cube from the ease of drinking standpoint, and some people believe a little branch water opens up the bourbon.

I did take what you said in heart though absolutely not grudgingly. I did find it funny how I do certain things way backwards sometimes....I think living in Florida is making me a redneck :D

I'll try a splash of water the next time I feel like pulling out the Pappy. Fun fact: the box that my Highland Park 18 year came in actually says to "add a drop of water and take 3 long sniffs...." as part of "Enjoying the perfect glass of Highland Park".

^^you probably could've had good drink for months with the trade value of the 50/50 you were drinking:)...

i know i'll crack...it's made it worse that when i mentioned pliny on untappd, a local brewery worker mentioned that i should share haha...so i'm gonna try to give my last pliny & blind pig to him...which gives me even less to drink tonight!...

i think i'm gonna go back to the hidden beer shop that i bought the 120 at & buy the rest of their stock...& another '07 behemoth for a future five year vertical tasting:)...

Anvil #36: Gin Gin Mule

Thought I wouldn't like this since it called for Ginger Beer. However, I got some Sprecher's Ginger Ale as suggested by Vicki and Matt and used that.... to my surprise, I really liked this drink. The Sprecher's Ginger Ale is fairly subtle.

2 oz Blue Coat gin

3/4 oz lime juice

1/2 oz agave Syrup (instead of simple syrup)

fresh mint

Sprecher's Ginger Ale

Muddle fresh mint with agave syrup and lime juice. Add gin and ice and shake until cold. Strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with ginger ale and garnish with fresh mint leaves.

gK5nz.jpg

Edited by shellylh