What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Not so much, what am I drinking (Coffee, since you ask), but something for the cocktail lover, or just cocktail curious in your life.

Behold the BarBot (random cocktail slot machine)!

PSC0311_H2_344.jpg

"As your attorney, I advise you to spin".

Via: http://www.reghardware.com/2011/02/22/barbot_slot_machine_serves_drinks/

full details : http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2011-02/bar-open-slot-machine-pays-drinks

G&T. Bombay dry, Fever Tree, and a little Stirings blood orange bitters, instead of lime. oh yes! the Stirings blood orange is delicious, in everything i've used it in. i need more. it's great with tonic, 1:5, as a refreshing drink. doesn't have any alcohol in it, as far as i can tell, so i don't think it's actually bitters, but sam hill it's damn tasty!

yup, that's my wife's standby these days. You'd probably love some homemade Amer Picon, as this is one of the ingredients :)

Interesting. So is Dolin Blanc the sweetest of the "dry" vermouths?

Forgot that I was going to respond to this earlier today. The proper way to distinguish red from white vermouths is Italian and French. The Italian vermouths can be more or less spicy, herbal, sweet, etc., and like champagne, there are more dry and less dry French vermouths. I think of blanc vermouth like a blanc de blanc champagne, which is typically lighter and somewhat less dry than a typical brut/extra brut. Anyway, Dolin blanc is sweeter than Dolin dry, and that will be the same with other French vermouth brands that have more than one style.

Because Marc is the man, two Blue Paradises, Dubonnet Rouge on the left and Dolin Rouge on the right, both stirred (as were the Jupiters)

IMG_0073.jpg

OK, this is going to take longer than the Jupiters. The Dubonnet integrates better, but the Cognac is a little more prominent with the Dolin (and that is not a bad thing).

For science!!

Growing Old Cocktail

2oz Cynar

1oz Rye (Russell's 6yo)

1 pinch Salt

2 Lemon zest (expressed)

Herbsaint (rinse)

Instructions

Combine the Cynar, rye and salt in a mixing glass and stir briefly to dissolve the salt. Express the oil from the lemon peels and drop into the mixing glass. Add ice and stir, then strain into an Herbsaint-rinsed cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.

a6cd8bb3-9023-eddf.jpg

Even better than the Scotland Yard.

Edited by Voltron

Interesting, because the calvados dominates this version. If I went to Carpano, the Violette would surely be lost. My complaint of the MS PC is that it is subtle. Perhaps a bit too polite.

Al, nice! Doesn't look like Rittenhouse though :) edit: then you edited it.

Edited by luvdunhill