What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Dammit! Took a pass a while ago, not knowing if it was any good, and haven't seen it since! I gotta get educated!

I would not hesitate to buy anything that looked interesting from Parker's, vanWinkle, or Buffalo Trace. I would probably add High West to that list except I did not really care for their Double Rye.

last year's Founders Backwoods Bastard...so good...

Amen brother, nice pick.

Working on some white russians at my cousin's wedding. I asked for a Sazerac but apparently they don't make those here, even though this place is New Orleans-themed. In the words of Mike G....

fuckers.

Seconding the good choice Shelly and adding one for Marc's rye heavy Manhattan and Al's Frisco.

I think the Rendevous is the sweet spot in The High West rye stable Dinny and I do agree it tends toward a sweeter Manhattan.

Finally finishing off the Boroughs with a Carroll Gardens

2 oz rye whiskey

½ oz Punt e Mes

½ oz Nardini Amaro

1 bar-spoon Maraschino liqueur

Stir with ice and strain in to a cocktail glass. Add a twist of lemon zest twist, rim and discard (I didn't).

56a21c14.jpg

Edited by morphsci

I do not think I have found a Brooklyn variation that I do not like and the Cobble Hill is no exception. I was kind of Rushed last night so I didn't have time to taste the Nardini Amaro onits own. The first order of business tonight will be some straight Amaros.

Edited by morphsci