What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Yep. We split. A lot of people were not happy. And when I pointed this out to a few of the Floyds folks I know, I got nothing but an arrogant attitude back. We didn't even think about staying for the Melvins. And I think it may be a good while before I go back to FFF. I can get fucking attitude anywhere. I'll be damned if I'll pay a premium for it.

:(

Sorry Mike. Considering the time and money you've spent at the brewpub, you certainly don't deserve that. Lots of folks on BeerAdvocate are sharing similar experiences as well. I'm pretty shocked, everyone seemed so happy with this year's Dark Lord Day and it sounded like it ran smoothly. Not sure what the fuck they are thinking/doing.

I bought 2 bottles of Russian River Damnation Batch 23 recently. A couple of days I opened one of them. I hated it. It was bitter with a metallic aftertaste. There were some other flavors, but the bitterness just dominated the flavor. I eventually poured out the last 1/3 of the bottle.

Did I get a bad bottle of beer from Russian River Brewing or do I just not like Tripels? Is this what this beer is supposed to taste like? I read reviews and ratings on Beer Advocate and RateBeer. I didn't taste anything like what was written. Assuming the remaining bottle is a good bottle, will it get better with age? Can you recommend a couple of other Tripels I can try to see if I just don't like this style?

:(

Sorry Mike. Considering the time and money you've spent at the brewpub, you certainly don't deserve that. Lots of folks on BeerAdvocate are sharing similar experiences as well. I'm pretty shocked, everyone seemed so happy with this year's Dark Lord Day and it sounded like it ran smoothly. Not sure what the fuck they are thinking/doing.

That really puzzled us Bryan. Dark Lord day last year was much smoother and more organized. That day we started out much further back in line and had our beer in about 90 minutes. This time, we paid $50 for tickets, waited 5 HOURS and our ticket price would have bought us four short pours each. Food was small and costly and so we said fuck it and went home.

But I do have a bottle for you. :)

Edited by Absorbine_Sr