What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca...

then we killed the keg of Arrogant Bastard on tap in my friend's garage...so then he put on a keg of Founders Breakfast Stout:)...

I had a Fresh Hop version of Deschutes Mirror Pond...& some Glenlivet Nadurra...

he's trying to kill a few of his kegs before the deep freeze...I'm hoping to stop by again tomorrow...

home now & having some Flat12 Half Cycle (IPA) Reserve...their usual aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels....got a growler...not bad...

Made a strange brew tonight. Was looking at a rum swizzle recipe and decided I didn't want to include ginger ale, so made it this way instead:

2 oz. dark Rum

1 splash lemon juice

1/2 oz Cointreau

1 ice cube

Once the ice melted down a bit, it tasted like a mellow Scotch. I know, not really, right? But close. Maybe I've already had too much.

it really is great stuff... before we left hawaii we purchased some kona coffee for friends and family and kept a pound or two around for ourselves as my wife still drinks coffee daily. i, on the other hand, haven't drank it for nearly 18 months, if not longer, but broke down at the waimea coffee shop on the big island and this is probably my fourth or fifth cup in the last month. it's amazing how intensely good the caffeine rush hits me now.