slower forum

Knuckledragger

From the transcripts from California's Prop 8 trial (via Andrew Sullivan)

BOIES: Let me try to make this question as simple as I can. Have any of the scholars that you have said you relied on said, in words or in substance, that permitting same-sex marriage will cause a reduction in heterosexual marriage? That’s “yes,” “no,” or “I don’t know.”

BLANKENHORN: I know the answer. I cannot answer you accurately if the only words I’m allowed to choose from is “yes” or “no.” I can give you my answer very briefly in one sentence.

JUDGE VAUGHN WALKER: If you know the answer, why don’t you share it with us?

BLANKENHORN: I would be happy to, but he is only permitting me to give “yes” and “no,” and I cannot do that and be accurate.

WALKER: He is giving you three choices, “yes,” “no,” “I don’t know.”

BLANKENHORN: But I do know. I do know the answer. . . . One sentence is all I’m asking for.

WALKER: All right. Let’s take a sentence. One sentence.

BLANKENHORN: Can you ask me the question again, please?

Speaking of interesting signs, I enjoyed the irony of signs such as this

8197_secret_nuclear_bunker_1.jpg

on my recent trip to the UK, and actually visited the said "Secret Nuclear Bunker" and very interesting it was too.

I live near to one of those.

bunker.jpg

Somewhat odd, on the google image search, this appears to be of my car when we went along during the SAS stay.

news31-1.jpg

The judge says, "You seem like nice young men, and I'd like to give you a second chance instead of jail time.

I want you to go out this weekend and try to convince others of the evils of drug use. I'll see you back in court Monday."

On Monday, the judge asks the first guy, "How did you do over the weekend?"

"Well, your honor, I persuaded 17 people to give up drugs forever." "Seventeen people? That's wonderful. How did you do it? "

"I used a diagram, your honor. I drew two circles like this:

O o

Then I told them that the big circle is your brain before drugs and the small circle is your brain after drugs."

"That's admirable," says the judge. Then he turns to the second guy. "And how did you do?"

"Well, your honor, I persuaded 156 people to give up drugs forever."

"Wow!" says the judge. "156 people! How did you manage to do that?"

"Well, I used a similar diagram," the guy says. "I drew two circles like this:

o O

Then I pointed to the little circle and said, "This is your asshole before prison...

Nothing good can come of this.

Make sure the guys who filmed Jackass see it.

Actually, the original CKY did this stunt a lot by dragging people on tables and all sorts of furniture behind cars straight on the pavement with no snow. CKY was the skateboard/stunt movie that spawned jackass. It also starred Bam Margera. So yeah, I think they would approve.

Edited by manaox2