slower forum

Knuckledragger

and I thought I was a good forklift driver, back in the day, that's awesome

That is and same here, though our challenges usually involved large objects in smaller spaces. Like a 33' missile in a 31' opening. Smash.

Favorite was a guy who left stacked missiles sticking out in an active elevator shaft because he panicked in a tight space and then just jumped off and ran away (can't see problem=problem solved). He was later stabbed by his wife.

• Like 1

dkHil.jpg

I know a several of those guys, actually. The guy who is front and center with the red and white pattern shirt and red pants has been my bleaching mentor. He wrote a small book about how to bleach your hair and beard without causing damage, and then walked me through everything via email. Santa Shannon. Good guy.

The guy with the do-rag in the back is a Harley rider who lives in Georgia. Wants me to ride with him some day. We'll see. To his left, is the famous Santa Tim, aka Santa Hollywood, aka the Julie McCoy (cruise director). He's the official Hollywood parade santa and has appeared on Leno, Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc., does Oreo cookie commercials, and employs about 200 real bearded santas every year to cover events that he can't do himself. He also runs the International University of Santa Claus, through which this annual cruise is organized and offered.

http://www.realsantas.com/iusc.htm His Santa school will be offered in Tampa in June, and I'm thinking about attending.

http://www.santahollywood.com/

I recognize at least half of the faces in that crowd, all of whom are active members at ClausNet.org which is kind of the Headcase of the Santa hobby. All of the cool Santas hang out there, although none of them really talk about drinking.

Edited by Wmcmanus

^^^ That was a picture I found on Reddit, and the title was Santa Cruz. Presumably the picture was taken there. I thought it was punny. Thought you'd enjoy the picture as well, so I posted it. smile.png

Yes! I enjoyed it very much. Some really good guys there. I know they just look like a bunch of goofy freaks to a lot of people, but they're actually kind hearted and well intended guys who make a real difference in their communities. Most of them rely on their Santa income (as small as it may be) to supplement their retirement, but they do a lot of charity work as well.

I know a several of those guys, actually. The guy who is front and center with the red and white pattern shirt and red pants has been my bleaching mentor. He wrote a small book about how to bleach your hair and beard without causing damage, and then walked me through everything via email. Santa Shannon. Good guy.

The guy with the do-rag in the back is a Harley rider who lives in Georgia. Wants me to ride with him some day. We'll see. To his left, is the famous Santa Tim, aka Santa Hollywood, aka the Julie McCoy (cruise director). He's the official Hollywood parade santa and has appeared on Leno, Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc., does Oreo cookie commercials, and employs about 200 real bearded santas every year to cover events that he can't do himself. He also runs the International University of Santa Claus, through which this annual cruise is organized and offered.

http://www.realsantas.com/iusc.htm His Santa school will be offered in Tampa in June, and I'm thinking about attending.

http://www.santahollywood.com/

I recognize at least half of the faces in that crowd, all of whom are active members at ClausNet.org which is kind of the Headcase of the Santa hobby. All of the cool Santas hang out there, although none of them really talk about drinking.

Dood! You've got a bike?!?! WTFing fuck!!! We need to ride someday! Fuck them Santy Clause bitdhes .... do you know my middle name is Klaas!?!?!

Posted midway to the bottom of my fourth bourbon.