What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

cbnxr07.jpg

OK, could AB or anyone else who has heard this confirm a bit of distortion in the brass in the left channel? I heard it on my Quads and thought it might be a panel going out, but I can hear it now in my HF-2 as well. Its kind of light, sounds like an artifact or something when the higher notes are hit? or maybe thats just how its supposed to sound?

OK, could AB or anyone else who has heard this confirm a bit of distortion in the brass in the left channel? I heard it on my Quads and thought it might be a panel going out, but I can hear it now in my HF-2 as well. Its kind of light, sounds like an artifact or something when the higher notes are hit? or maybe thats just how its supposed to sound?

I'm listening to the 1st track now. Yeah, there is some grit to the sax here and there. Some of it is during dynamic bursts, some is just the tone. I think its a combination of the tape and possibly saliva, which sometimes gets picked up from mics.

From what I've heard its not enough to worry about; this amount of imperfection is pretty common for the era imho. I still think its smooth enough overall.

edit: On track 2 now. It sounds a bit more like an overloaded mic on this one, during the dynamic bursts.

Edited by aardvark baguette