What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I'm listening to the 1st track now. Yeah, there is some grit to the sax here and there. Some of it is during dynamic bursts, some is just the tone. I think its a combination of the tape and possibly saliva, which sometimes gets picked up from mics.

From what I've heard its not enough to worry about; this amount of imperfection is pretty common for the era imho. I still think its smooth enough overall.

edit: On track 2 now. It sounds a bit more like an overloaded mic on this one, during the dynamic bursts.

right on, thanks for double checking. glad its not just me.

I'm surprised how much it bothers me to be honest. Usually I'm more forgiving of the flaws in old recordings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4219[/ATTACH]

Listening to Krypteria's "At The gates Of Retribution".

They are a german orchestral goth metal band that projects a huge wall of sound

interspersed with traditional euro-medevil choral vocal passages.

The lead singer is a lady of korean descent who puts on quite a show.

Interesting stuff!

post-2966-12951159137351_thumb.jpg

Just found Biggie's post... his original image had a clickthrough to a giant picture of the cake in question, and yes it looks much better. I seriously thought that you'd done a google image search and picked that tiny picture with the text on it. Figured you at least could have found a cake with some titties or something.

Just found Biggie's post... his original image had a clickthrough to a giant picture of the cake in question, and yes it looks much better. I seriously thought that you'd done a google image search and picked that tiny picture with the text on it. Figured you at least could have found a cake with some titties or something.

Google image search turns up a surprising number of cakes made in the likeness of breasts :o