What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Hrm... I don't know what the actual sheet music for this looks like, but when I listen to the the Ysaye, I feel like they're rushing through it or in a hurry. It is my personal preference? I used to play piano back in the day and there used to be a fine line between rushing through a piece and being quick.

This weekend I have been spinning vinyl whenever possible:

albumcoverBillEvans-Explorations.jpg?1199174158

Bill Evans -- Explorations 45RPM Incredible sound. Seriously.

grachan_moncur_evolution.jpg

Grachan Moncur III -- Evolution 45RPM Amazing record by somebody I never even heard of before this Music Matters Series. One more reason why they rule over AP. Just look at the lineup on this session! Awesome.

van-morrison-moondance-425745.jpg

Van Morrison -- Moondance 33RPM Hoffman WB remaster. Still reminds me of Steve's national meet talks.

Dexter-Gordon-The-Montmartre-Co-468942.jpg

Dexter Gordon -- Montmartre Collection Vol. 1 33RPM Black Lion. This one actually belongs to JP but he left it behind by accident. Finders keepers, I always say. ;)

0.jpg

Horace Silver Quintet and Trio -- Blowin' the Blues Away AP 45RPM

The blues I am presently trying to blow away stem from an argument with my 15 yo daughter regarding her application to a Columbia University summer program after we had just finished a nice dinner. She is supposed to FINALLY be done with the application for this program that was all her idea and I mentioned that we would be looking it over whenever she finished. "That's not fair! I won't show you my personal statement! etc. etc. etc." Oh well, it will probably blow over quickly but it is indicative of how private and detached from us that she wants to be. Sheesh, I am jealous of Mike and his seemingly fantastic relationship with both of his kids.

grachan_moncur_evolution.jpg

Grachan Moncur III -- Evolution 45RPM Amazing record by somebody I never even heard of before this Music Matters Series. One more reason why they rule over AP. Just look at the lineup on this session! Awesome.

This album is stunning, one of Blue Note's best. I'm trying to get Joe Harley to add Grachan Moncur III's Some Other Stuff to the MM list