What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

That Camille concert was decent but it didn't make that impact the Colin Stetson did.

All in all I find this video library to be a good resource. The recording quality on both of these concerts was pretty good for a concert.

Edited by RudeWolf

I like some Camille albums but that video convinces me that I was detest her live. Thank you for this enlightening link.
Seeing Camille live was one of the greatest concert experiences of my life, and I've been to a lot of concerts. I haven't watched this yet, but I suspect we have very different tastes in concerts. I also suspect she changed a lot in the last couple years (since I saw her), so will allow that this might be horrible.

I know what I'm spending two hours on this evening.

And yeah, I only got as far as the end of "Judges" (was that the first song?) on Colin Stetson, but I love a guy who's not afraid to push limits. Will have to watch the rest of that, too.

Been in a one artist mood the last couple of months; enjoying the free jazz giants again. In heavy rotation Sun Ra, Albert Ayler, later Impulse Coltrane, Pharaoh Sanders and Peter Brotzmann (with Die Like A Dog Quartet). Can't wait for the ICP Orchestra box set.

With a bit of Blue Note Music Matters and other random vinyl as it comes in.

Placebo -- B3 EP

B3EP.png

Me, too. Although it's just an EP so it's already over half over. I should probably decide what I'm listening to next.

PS Great name -- hint, look at the lips sideways. Also: not the best representation -- take, for example, Elizabeth Banks' Hunger Games character's lips as a slightly better example.

EDIT: Now playing, Ivy, All Hours -- great poppy pop, this is poppy.

Soon: Plumb -- I don't know, something. Then back to Klaus Schulze.

Steve Hackett & co. (including someone whom I am friends with on Facebook, Dave Kerzner (?sp) -- who also does some killer sushi. Let's see -- mad keyboard skills, plays with my heroes, and can make sushi -- yeah, I'm jealous), Genesis Revisited II

Love some of the choices, even played some vintage Steve Hackett (Tower Struck Down, Shadow of the Hierophant -- the latter, in particular, pleases me because ( a ) one of mah personal favourites, and ( b ) I was at a concert where one particularly boisterous fan kept demanding it, and Steve [yes, I am on a first-name basis] finally responded, "can't, don't have a soprano" [or something to that effect], to which the boisterous -- and very male -- fan responded, "I'll do it" and promptly launched into the first line in falsetto -- and might I say, note-perfect -- and I have to wonder if that very memorable incident prompted this revisit).

Mostly Autumn, whatever they have on Spotify, in reverse order -- The Ghost Moon Orchestra, Still Beautiful - Live 2011, That Night in Leamington...serious fucking wanker, dude has a serious David Gilmour fetish, exemplified by the opening to "Heroes Never Die", which is an obvious homage to the opening of "Shine On, You Crazy Diamond (Part 1)"...as well as the second half of every song they did evar, which is an epic guitar solo a la "Comfortably Numb".

NTTAWWT. I'm listening to it, aren't I?

But then they veer off and do something different like "The Spirit of Autumn Past" and "Flowers for Guns".