What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

41s3h%2Bs8WwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Love Spirals Downwards - flux

It's gonna be an electronica kind of day I think.

51DCRZP8RGL._SL500_AA300__PJautoripBadge

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X

51LHF6LdZ1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vanessa Daou - Zipless

41RFNDSTY0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thievery Corporation - Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi

Damn, dude, that's some good stuff.  I love trip-hop.  I'm almost tempted to drop some recommendations, but you seem to be on a roll...

Well, to start with, you know that Lovespiralsdownward morphed into Lovespirals, right?

And I really dig that whole Elfenstaub series, although that's more downtempo than trip-hop

And Halou, Wiser always gets lumped in that trip-hop category, although it's more than that.  One of my favourite albums of 2001, if not the favourite.

Rob Dougan, Furious Angels is similarly one of my favourite albums of 1998, though I didn't know that until years later.  He, too, wanders outside of pure trip-hop.  That's why I didn't want to recommend you anything, whatever I think of are my own albums of association more than what yours will be.

Blue Foundation, Sweep of Days

And of course there are the classics -- Becoming X, Faithless, Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Tricky, Portishead, Zero 7, Lamb (again: -ish)...

This is all assuming you're on Spotify and can try before you buy...I'm sure you have your own way of sampling stuff...

EDIT:  Also, if you are on Spotify, I really like the playlist, "Enter the Dub" by Tom Grønås.

Vanessa Daou, Zipless -- I've been meaning to listen to this since it came out, now, on Spotify, I can, so here I am...

I always feel a little dirty listening to that album... In a good way ;)

Thanks for the recs Dusty. I'll definitely check those out. I've got a bunch of the standards you mentioned but not some of the specific things you listed.

Edited by thrice

Yeah, well, I found it a little dirty in a frustrating way...explode.gif

Various Artists, Five Point One (The Mark Reeder 2.0 Versions) -- discovered while playing connect the dots from the Daou -- mix of 80's synthpop, 80's artists' contemporary synthpop, and electroclash (current artists that sound like 80's synthpop) -- I'll be purchasing this...

• Like 1