What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Trying out USB cables for my laptop to DAC.  Actually surprised at variation in sound!  Settling with a Moon Audio Blue Dragon won @ the NY Spring Meet auction.  Pretty darn nice.

Once I saw these, just had to listen to the full albums.  Not sure if this guy is a genius or truly the product of an asylum.  But pretty fun stuff.

51hTL9loFfL.jpg

51NrNqL4B3L.jpg

I find that intriguing.  Alas, he is not on Spotify.

And One, Back Home

...and...

VNV Nation, Automatic

...and now some Knife Party (dubstep).

EDIT:  Re: "Body Shop"/"Only Your Impression"/"Ride Little Pony" -- I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this is a different Knife Party.

...and now some Knife Party (dubstep).

EDIT:  Re: "Body Shop"/"Only Your Impression"/"Ride Little Pony" -- I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this is a different Knife Party.

I can only imagine the shock there... I really like the Knife Party you were expecting.

Apop B, Welcome to Earth and then APBL2K

I don't know why I love this (the studio album, Welcome to Earth) so much, but I do.  It's divided distinctly into two parts -- the "hits" and the more experimental numbers.  And it's not like it's divided evenly -- there are only 5 or 6 tracks that can be considered the hits, and they're not distributed evenly -- tracks 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 (11 is questionable, and 7 is the ballad), but it really works for me like no other album they've done.  Probably my favourite "futurepop" album.  (Yes, moreso than any VNV Nation album.)

Fuck, got a song stuck in my head -- from the 80's, I think, main lyrics go "stay with me (falsetto) won't you stay with me" in the chorus and either "write you a new song" or something like that in one of the verses (2nd, I think).

Sounds like A-Ha or someshit.

EDIT:  Found it, Thompson Twins, "Hold Me Now".