What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Wire, The Ideal Copy -- easily my favourite album by them, mostly because it's the first one I heard, and this is one case that familiar breeds ...well...more listening, and therefore more familiarity ackshully.  It's damn near perfect, other than "Still Shows", which really isn't that bad, it's just not as great as the rest of the album.

/\  /\   /\  /\  /\  /\  Than RLJ CD is awesome!  The first time I heard it was when Tyll locked me in a private listening room at a LA Home Audio show a hunert years ago with his pimped out amp and balanced Senns....... I have never been the same.

I was floored by the professionalism and kindness showed by the Big Kahuna of headphone audio to a no one like me.

John Lee Hooker-- Mr. Lucky

41RFZH825PL.jpg

Awesome music brought to me by the two Steve's, you guys know who you are. Thanks for the beautiful, beautiful music.  O0 

"Child of Vision" is a great song (I love songs like that, that are >50% instrumental -- also, "Crime of the Century", title track), but too bad it follows those two (relative) clunkers, "Just Another Nervous Wreck" and "Casual Conversations".  Sorry.  I think it's that lull at the end of side two that takes this album out of any kind of Top X list for me.  Crime of the Century and Even in the Questest Moments... are much better albums.

And "Rudy", a live version on the bonus disk, is such a great song.  I think it might be their best song.  So epic, with all those parts...

Rawk on, let your freak flag fly.

Me:  moar Helloween -- goddamn, I love good power metal.  Also Lollers @ Unarmed -- the version of Dr. Stein, in particular, is particularly silly fun.  And they still "got it", IMHO -- they still write good tunes, they didn't start and end with Keeper...