What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Lanterns on the Lake - Gracious Tide, Take Me Home

LanternsOnTheLakeGraciousTide600G280911.

:ian:

And I just saw their new album has been announced for 9/9.

Seriously Ian, just send me your playlist.....lots of good female vox recommendations I see from you!  Thanks for this one.....fun listen......

Seriously Ian, just send me your playlist.....lots of good female vox recommendations I see from you!  Thanks for this one.....fun listen......

Glad you're finding some recommendations you enjoy...

A lot of what I've listened to over the last 7 years is here. I'll try to take a look through the list and find some more recommendations. I don't even remember where I found out about Lanterns on the Lake. When I get bored I tend to go on a tear digging for new music.

saw them open for Opeth a few years back, then saw them again last month at Bonnaroo. They put on a fantastic show, raw and relentless. I planned on leaving their set at 'Roo to see another band midway through but they sucked me in and wouldn't let me leave.

those dudes have been through a lot of drama recently, I love seeing them push on and continue to create exceptional music.

Edited by postjack

Yellow & Green was one of the better albums from last year.  I understand that "sucked in and wouldn't let leave" comment -- that's exactly what that record did for me -- I just kept wanting to go back and listen to it.

On an unrelated note, I might have to look up some more Whitehorse, this is superb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjg_NYDByo