What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

It's less dark than her first album to me and I also like her first album more, but this one is good too.

Listening now, in 24/44.1 Hi-Res....so far so good!  Some (many?) similarities to her first, TBD if I like one over the other.

EDIT: as the tracks go on, realizing there is more of a difference from the first.....will need more listens, but I'm thinking the first album "grabbed" me more.

51YNSpiEv8L.jpg

AKW, again -- really great.  They do the slip from intimate to big and majestic seemlessly.

Pin-up Went Down -- 342 -- this shit is awesome.  I love music that begs the question, WTF?!?

Imagine Unexpect with less caffeine and larger instrumental palette and more different dynamics.  But with the same attention span.

Thanks for posting both of these... very different but both very good.  The Unexpect comparison was right on, and I found AKW in particular to be quite excellent.

• Like 1

Lou Reed, The Raven -- this is such a bizarre project -- I think he deliberately goes through some very disparate and anachronistic styles with this from (MMM-style) noise ("Fire Music" -- which is -- from a fan of Japanese noise and Dry Lungs/Controlled Bleeding/etc. -- still brilliantly musical) to spoken word radio-style adaptations of some of his work to a very strange reading of "A Perfect Day" to blues and gospel and straight-ahead Lou Reed style music.  Love it.  Steve Buscemi has some cameos, and I didn't realize he had such a distinctive voice.