What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Whoa, when did that get released on MFSL SACD?  Must purchase immediately.  Any others I need to know about?

Yup, MFSL has done a bunch of Miles SACDs. Round about Midnight, Four and More, Sketches of Spain, Milestones, and In A Silent Way. I think thats all of them.

In A Silent Way generally sounds good to me, but there is a lot of tape hiss. And of course thats a good thing, because it wasn't no-noised, and tape hiss never bothers me, but it bothered me a little bit last night listening on my speakers. Didn't bother me as much on the HD800, which is strange.

I just bought Milestones, haven't listened to it yet.

/\/\ :ian: /\/\

Me:  

bvbi.jpg

Music Matters?

Anyone heard their latest 33 rpm releases? I turned down their offer to be a subscriber since they are repeating titles they have already done at 45 rpm, which IMO makes little sense. I did get Blue Train (mono) and Idle Moments which sound awesome.

Yup, MFSL has done a bunch of Miles SACDs. Round about Midnight, Four and More, Sketches of Spain, Milestones, and In A Silent Way. I think thats all of them.

In A Silent Way generally sounds good to me, but there is a lot of tape hiss. And of course thats a good thing, because it wasn't no-noised, and tape hiss never bothers me, but it bothered me a little bit last night listening on my speakers. Didn't bother me as much on the HD800, which is strange.

I just bought Milestones, haven't listened to it yet.

I might need to get those SRV ones, too.  And the Foreignor and Doobie Brothers!  Dusty want high-res yacht rock.  (cries)  So much want, so little monies.  Well, plenty of monies, but even yet still more want.

Music Matters?

Anyone heard their latest 33 rpm releases? I turned down their offer to be a subscriber since they are repeating titles they have already done at 45 rpm, which IMO makes little sense. I did get Blue Train (mono) and Idle Moments which sound awesome.

Hey Pak, hope you're well. The Freddie was steamed from my iphone to the new Sola speaker so MM did not play a part. The repeat titles annoyed me but I signed up for the 33rpm subscription anyway. The 33rpms sound fantastic to me.

I might need to get those SRV ones, too.  And the Foreignor and Doobie Brothers!  Dusty want high-res yacht rock.  (cries)  So much want, so little monies.  Well, plenty of monies, but even yet still more want.

After years of titles I've been luke warm about MFSL has started putting out some good stuff. Weezer on vinyl, I bought blue album and Pinkerton and love it.

Not sure if you do vinyl but I figured you'd be interested in some of their silver label stuff. Yaz "Upstairs at Erics", which I've bought but haven't listened to yet. The original album already sounds so stupendously good, not sure how much they can improve. They've also done a few Sisters of Mercy releases, still haven't bought Floodland yet but will.

Hey Pak, hope you're well. The Freddie was steamed from my iphone to the new Sola speaker so MM did not play a part. The repeat titles annoyed me but I signed up for the 33rpm subscription anyway. The 33rpms sound fantastic to me.

Al Voltron hope you are well too my friend

Five days off in a row for me, so hoping to spend some quality Case time. Going to spin the MM reissue of GO now.