What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Saviour, Lights Out, Planetary Confinement, and Alternative Matter are all right up there.  One of those groups that when I go back to them, I wonder why I don't listen to them more often.  They're just like so little else out there.

EDIT:  Listening to  Saviour now -- it's a bit less moody, rockier.  I still love it a lot more than Fear of a Unique Identity, but for entirely different reasons than Lights Out and Planetary Confinement.

EDIT:  Fuck me, I just noticed that Devin sounds like Dennis DeYoung when he sings clean, now I want him to do a Styx cover.

I somehow missed that Devon Townsend growled.  Or was interesting. Saw him at the first concert I went to without my parents.

Edited by cetoole

He only growls a little bit, mostly sings clean, and even then, it's not full cookie monster.  It's when he does vibrato that he sounds like Dennis.

And how can you say he's not interesting, he's fabulously entertaining.  Watch the Waken video, it's fantastic.  I love his self-deprecating sense of humor.  "Oh look there's a girl." "We're all ripping off Meshuggah." "Time to get nerdy!" "I have a small penis."